Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 08-21-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
GZ Jess

I bought a new bike!

Well I found a 2002 V Star 1100 Classic listed on Craigslist for $3000. I went to look at it and when I pulled up it was shining beautifully. We took it to a parking lot and the minute I got on if felt so perfect and the clutch was as easy to pull in as my GZ! I got on and started doing circles in the parking lot and couldn't believe that it handled so easily for the first time I was on it. I felt like I had ridden it a million times before. It had all the bells and whistles I wanted and more including, a windshield, bags, auxiliary light bar, after market air intake, pipes, sissy bar with luggage rack, heel toe shifter, floor boars for driver and passenger and Iso grips. I asked the guy what his lowest, cash today price would be. He heehawed around around for a minute and said okay today only he would part with it for $2600, so it was a deal and I rode her home. She and I have bonded over a hundred miles and I can't help but call her Large Marge.

I had listed my GZ on Craigslist earlier in the week for $1300 to see what kind of interest I would get. One guy had emailed me and offered $1200. I kinda put him off till I had my new bike and made sure no one I knew wanted it. I would have liked to see it go to someone I knew but I couldn't find anyone ready for it. So I emailed the guy at 9 am and said I would take $1200 and he came and got it at noon. He was buying as a surprise for his girlfriend that wanted to learn to ride.

I really appreciate this forum and everyone who has helped me out on it. I have looked for one for my new bike but they just aren't as helpful as this one. You guys rock!

Jess

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-21-2010, 09:55 PM   #2
dentheman

Re: I bought a new bike!

That is a beauty! You look good on it, especially with that ear-to-ear grin. I am happy for you, and a little envious.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:34 PM   #3
Sarris

Congrats...... Do stay around the forum and BS with us occasionally.

I used to own a Roadstar 1700 and have a few favorite Yamaha bling sites.

PM me if I can be of help.

:2tup: :rawk: :2tup: :rawk:

Old 08-21-2010, 10:57 PM   #4
blaine

That is a beautiful bike Jess. Congratulations on a excellent buy.Good luck,and stick around. :smallrawk: :yes:

Old 08-22-2010, 12:20 AM   #5
Water Warrior 2

Jess, you have a real nice bike under you. Looks very good and cared for. A few of my coffee buds have this model with nary a complaint. You might try Star Motorcycle Forums for more info on the bike. They are a big forum with lots of info and experience to share. Also seem to be a pretty polite bunch towards newbies and are there to help any teething problems.
You may want to inquire about an oil filter relocation kit for the bike. As it sits the way Yammy designed it, the pipes have to come off every oil filter change. ............................... Congrats and have a ball.

Old 08-22-2010, 04:00 AM   #6
alanmcorcoran

I almost bought one of them (for a whole lot more than what you paid!) before I decided to go with the Stratoliner. You will like it on the highway!

(FYI, the Star site for the Strat tends to be sparse and discouraging to use. Maybe the V-star is better...)
Old 08-22-2010, 08:46 AM   #7
GZ Jess

Thanks everyone! I am very happy with my new bike and your right, I could do the highway all day now, where as I avoided it before! I am lucky that my bike already had the oil filter relocation kit installed, I can't imagine removing the pipes every time I wanted to change the filter! The only thing that I really want to do is add some wide white wall tires when I'm due for a new set but these ones are pretty new and can't see spending money for looks only, so it will be a little while. I will pop in time to time to say hi and I thank you all again!

Jessica
Old 08-22-2010, 09:15 AM   #8
Nutterhead

Congrats Jessica it is beautiful!
2001 Suzuki GZ250
Old 09-05-2010, 03:40 PM   #9
mole2

Congrats on the new ride Jess!!! You look good on it. I just purchased your bikes little brother - a 2009 V-Star 650 Classic. Yes, they do sit fine and they handle very well. I'm enjoying the heck out of mine. Good luck and ride safe.

By the way, http://www.starbikeforums.com is a great place for info.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #10
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris
Congrats...... Do stay around the forum and BS with us occasionally.

I used to own a Roadstar 1700 and have a few favorite Yamaha bling sites.

PM me if I can be of help.

:2tup: :rawk: :2tup: :rawk:

Sarris, I do believe no matter what kind of bike someone buys, you would be able to make that same statement. I think you have owned at least one of every damn bike out there.