Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 09-15-2010, 12:52 PM   #21
Sarris

Re: I bought a new bike!

None required except 10k medical coverage if you ride without a helmet.

There are a few if, ands, and buts... See this: Florida Motorcycle Insurance Requirements

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-15-2010, 04:24 PM   #22
mrlmd1

That's so lax it's pretty ridiculous. You'll never recovery any damage claim from a redneck or towny on a bike.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #23
ArizonaKev

Now mrlmd1, I have no desire to start a flame war here, but I really have to say that your negative disposition towards rednecks makes me madder than a one-legged stripper tryin' to do a table hop! In fact, I'm more frustrated than a mosquito in a mannequin factory, I tell you whut!

As a guy who grew up riding dirt bikes, shootin' guns, throwing firecrackers at his cousins, and fishing at the lake with his granddad, I can honestly say that :

1. Not everyone you would consider a "redneck' is one, and many you may not see as rednecks really are.
2. I have known A LOT of different kinds of people, and rednecks are neither less responsible nor less courteous than supposed "proper" people, or whatever you refer to everybody else as.
3. I have to wonder what kind of horrible experience you had with a redneck as a child to be so spiteful towards them.

You know, they got therapy for stuff like that. And before you go gettin' more upset than a piano player in a marchin' band, maybe you otter' go git you some! :lol:

AZ Kev

Old 09-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #24
mrlmd1

Relax AZ - it was sort of a joke, bit I didn't add the smiley face, don't take it personally. I live with them, I have many friends like that. The word "redneck" has a certain connotation to it, partly affectionate, partly derogatory maybe. But usually no ATTGAT or obnoxious LOUD pipes goes along with what I was referring to. Like making fun of the Harleys or crotch rockets on the road. Doesn't mean they're bad. (Actually, in addition to the bad ass types, I've come across quite a few professional types - doctors, lawyers, accountants - maybe they are emulating the bad ass group). Was the word "towny" OK ? You know exactly the type I was referring to. A different choice of words, like "uninsured motorist" would have been more appropriate (?). To put it in other words, I don't think it's appropriate to be riding a motorcycle or car or boat or any other vehicle without insurance to protect somebody else from property damage that you inflict on them. If you don't want to insure your own possession (or your head) against damage, that's fine, (but also don't expect someone else to pay your hospital and future medical bills) but it's pretty disrespectful IMHO, not to reimburse someone else for what you did to them because you had no insurance and no money available. That's the jist of what I have to say, not necessarily dissing "rednecks" per se.
Rednecks are a Southern term, in the Northeast or the Southwest or the Northwest we all did the same kind of crap as kids in a different environment, whatever we could get away with without getting hurt, and they just called us something else. And I did all of those things that you did, just in NY and occasionally in Connecticutt. So again, relax, wrong words that upset you.
We all make fun of each other as friends and have to accept it as part of the game. We have to be able to laugh at ourselves.
BTW, What exactly does a redneck mean to you?
Peace.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:28 PM   #25
Sarris

Hey.... I'm a middle aged, fat, bald, redneck, professional, bad-ass biker with insurance that wears a half helmet who don't do ATFGATFT and I ride a loud Harley too!

The shoe fits, so I wear it. So there..... did I miss anything??

:lol: :crackup :lol: :crackup

Old 09-15-2010, 07:15 PM   #26
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris
Hey.... I'm a middle aged

MIDDLE AGED???? The middle of what, 120 :poke2: :lol: :neener:
Old 09-15-2010, 07:18 PM   #27
mrlmd1

Nope.
I hope I wasn't offensive to you, wasn't meaning to be, I knew how you'd take that (I hoped).
How'd we get over here anyway? And speaking of anyway, next subject ??

Or back to the original subject - Craigslist can be good, but you have to do your research and look around for a while. I bought my S50 and Ninja 250 on there and got great deals and have been very happy with the whole experience. You have to do your homework and know what you are buying and maybe travel a little but there are some good deals to be had.

And GZ Jess, (or now is it GZless) nice looking bike, fits you well, looks good on you. Wear it and ride it well, Get a Stebel, headlight and brakelight modulator and then you'll have everything. Where'd Large Marge come from?
Old 09-15-2010, 09:38 PM   #28
Sarris

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
Middle of 106, Butthole. :fu: :poke2: :lol: :crackup :whistle: O_o
Old 09-15-2010, 10:08 PM   #29
music man

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
Middle of 106, Butthole. :fu: :poke2: :lol: :crackup :whistle: O_o

:hide:
Old 09-16-2010, 05:22 AM   #30
alantf

Quote:
there is no insurance requirement in Florida.
In England, ALL vehicles must carry a minimum of third party insurance, to cover damage & injury to other people. All vehicle insurance is connected to a central computer, & police vehicles carry cameras which have number plate (licence plate) recognition equipment. This is in action all the time the police vehicles are rollong, & if the cameras pick up a number plate which shows no insurance, it sounds an alarm. It also sounds the alarm for a vehicle which hasn't paid the annual "tax". The police then stop & sieze the vehicle,which is towed to the pound. The owner must then produce insurance/proof of tax payment, plus pay a fine & also pay for the towing plus the daily pound charges. If this is not done within 14 days, the vehicle is crushed.

If you are unlucky enough to be injured by an uninsured driver, all the insurance companies are required to pay into a central fund, so that if the driver is uninsured, this fund pays out.