Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 11-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
suzushee 350

engine swap suzushee 350cc

Hello all going to try this again. Figured I would share with you guys and gals my gz250 engine swap. This banshee motor puts out 48whp double the power of the stock motor. This may be the only gz250 with a engine swap on the web. This was a long process and time consuming but it has payed off with tons of power and fun for the city streets hear in florida. As you can see the gz is water cooled now for the banshee motor. Also the whole front frame had to be customized to fit banshee motor. Still have some gear tuning and tire size changing to do and wiring :biggrin: For the ones that don't know the banshee motor. Its a 2 stroke 2 cylinder 350cc 6 speed trans.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #2
blaine

Re: engine swap suzushee 350cc

Welcome....That's awesome.More pics please!!!

Old 11-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
suzushee 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaine
Welcome....That's awesome.More pics please!!!
Thanks.. I will be posting more pics once I get more time, also start up vids and test ride. I test drove it last week with the 2 into 1 exhaust it killed my top end a lot. So I am in the process of fabing dual exhaust for it. I also need to change the final drive it has a 13 front sprocket and stock rear. This setup propelled me to 65mph real fast lol but that was it toped out with a lot more room to go with gearing. I would be happy with 85 to 95mph top speed. The rd350 transmission inside the cases are geared more for street and there maxed out mph is 120mph I don't think I would feel safe at 120mph on a gz frame lol.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #4
suzushee 350

Here is a start up vid hope its not upside down :??:

Old 11-27-2013, 03:57 PM   #5
blaine

She sounds nice & "strong. Lucky you got that exhaust fan running.

Old 11-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #6
suzushee 350

Thanks again I just cant wait to ride it legally on the streets.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #7
rebel son

hey ive got a question since your messing around the motor. ive got a 1999 gz 250 myself and i bought it used with only 6000 miles and since ive rode it ive noticed that i seem to run thru all the gears quick and i can only top out at 50 maybe 55 and thats really pushing it to the limit and i dont understand whats going on with it. i thot maybe it needs a tune up or timing needs to be reset or valves need to be really cleaned and reset but i honnestly dont know and im getting fustrated trying to figure out whats going on and how to fix it. so could you or anybody elts give me some ideas on this, it would really help. thanks
Old 12-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #8
Goose51683

Rebel, These bikes are small bikes that when going uphill or against the wind can top out around 55. If your looking for a little more power or top end you can search for threads on here relating to "power improvement" and "jetting". There is a ton a great information here and many of these kind of questions have been discussed in great detail. You might also look up "16T gear", I know that's another hotly debated modification discussed on the forum. If you have any questions that you don't see feel free to start a thread and we will all work to answer any questions you may have.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #9
Goose51683

Suzushee-

Love what your doing here. I can't wait to see your pictures and hear how she rides and what issues you may run into. If things go well I might have to take a better look into this kind of project. Love my little 250 but a little more power would be nice.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:16 AM   #10
suzushee 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel son View Post
hey ive got a question since your messing around the motor. ive got a 1999 gz 250 myself and i bought it used with only 6000 miles and since ive rode it ive noticed that i seem to run thru all the gears quick and i can only top out at 50 maybe 55 and thats really pushing it to the limit and i dont understand whats going on with it. i thot maybe it needs a tune up or timing needs to be reset or valves need to be really cleaned and reset but i honnestly dont know and im getting fustrated trying to figure out whats going on and how to fix it. so could you or anybody elts give me some ideas on this, it would really help. thanks
Just like goose said check the jetting or maybe a exhaust system and a re jetting on the carb.