Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 12-15-2017, 09:25 PM   #21
Water Warrior 2

John you could be the Poster Boy for determination and healing. You must find it very rewarding to be able to get about without much help.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-15-2017, 11:41 PM   #22
blaine

Great news & have a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

Old 12-22-2017, 07:34 PM   #23
burkbuilds

Continuing progress on my recovery. I can now use a walker and get around the house. Each day I seem to be able to put more weight on my right leg with less and less pain. The Physical Therapist I worked with today told me she thought I'd be able to walk without any "help" in another couple of weeks. I still have very little feeling or range of motion in my foot but they think that may improve more as the swelling continues to go down and yes my foot is still about twice it's normal size. My scabs are almost all gone now, just a few left around the ankle where my foot was almost severed and one about the size of a half dollar on my heel. I'm going to place pretty high in the scar category for my right lower leg from now on, lol.

Merry Christmas to all. Santa's just a few days away, if you haven't been good up to now, well, probably to late to improve your chances so enjoy yourselves.

Old 12-23-2017, 03:46 AM   #24
Fawlty

Sounds like you are doing very well, considering the horrific trauma you have been through. I wish you all the best for your continuing recovery. Merry Christmas to you and yours. I think 2018 is going to be a good year for you!

(Johnny Strabbler-The Wild One 1953)
Old 12-23-2017, 05:51 PM   #25
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds View Post
I'm going to place pretty high in the scar category for my right lower leg from now on, lol.
But you still have a lower right leg. A big plus in my books.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:36 PM   #26
burkbuilds

I'm still making progress. I can "walk" between the parallel bars at physical therapy with only my left hand on the rail. I can "Frankenstein" walk without holding on at all but it's painful and I am wobbly and it's not pretty. Hopefully after a few more weeks I'll be walking better.
My right foot has more feeling in it now. This week was the first time I could feel the cold from the ice packs they put on my foot after a therapy session, yea! On the down side, I lost my job last week, Corporate "Downsizing" got 18 positions at our plant, mostly Engineers and Quality personnel. Mine was one of the positions eliminated. Good news is that I'm on short term disability right now and they did offer me a 4 week severance pay after my disability runs out so that gives me some more time to recover and look for a new job. My old employer contacted me the next day and asked if I'd consider returning there, so I may have an opportunity to go back if something else doesn't look better.
I finally got some x-ray pics of my leg. The file's to large to upload. I'll see if I can figure something out so they are visible.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:46 PM   #27
burkbuilds

x-rays of my right leg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ankle joint.JPG (19.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Ankle from the side.JPG (18.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Knee joint.JPG (23.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Knee from the side.JPG (19.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Femur at Break above knee.JPG (13.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 01-13-2018, 05:06 AM   #28
alantf

I can understand. Even though it was just my femur I broke. There's a steel tube inside the bone, with two screws. there's no pain now, but the cold weather starts it acheing.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:34 PM   #29
Vegas Street Rider

Sorry to hear about your job loss. My company sold out to their competitor with the usual "don't worry, there is a place for everyone" . I was making 50% more than my counterpart with the company that bought us. Guess who got the ax, and at 62.5 years old. I did get a severance package based on my length of service (17 years) but it sucked never the less.

On a brighter note, it looks like you are healing at a reasonable rate and have a job prospect. I wish you continued return to good health and hopefully, a very Happy New Year.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:23 PM   #30
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds View Post
x-rays of my right leg
Yipes, those pics send chills up and down my back. I must give a big thumbs up to the doctors. They pieced you back together pretty well considering the damage done. Keep up the therapy and heal as well as possible.

So sorry to hear of the corporate downsizing. At least your old boss is in the picture once you feel you have a chance to get out and about to see him.