Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 07-21-2010, 04:24 PM   #21
Easy Rider

Re: 2011 models on Suzuki site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris
You take my "Harley humor" the wrong way.
That's a 2-way street, I think.

YOU seem to take some of the ribbing a little too seriously too.

A couple of months ago, I made a comment about folks on the "left coast" and now Alan won't hardly talk to me anymore. Can't we all just get along ???

If those comments never elicited a reaction they would become much less frequent, I believe.

:cool:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-21-2010, 04:24 PM   #22
Scheezo

Send a message via AIM to Scheezo Send a message via Yahoo to Scheezo

I have to admit, and I never thought I would say this, but the new sportster Forty-Eight makes me want an HD. If I had the money I would buy one. Thats a beautiful bike. Also, I did think HD had the same problems from the 70's. I always heard people call them Hardleys cuz they "hardly ever run". I'm glad to hear they are better bikes these days. For me, the Indians are the nicest looking but they're also very expensive.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:33 PM   #23
Sarris

Yeah, it's funny the first 20 times or so.............

O_o :whistle: O_o :whistle:

Old 07-21-2010, 06:32 PM   #24
ncff07

I like some harleys there nice bikes. Some harleys I wouldnt have if someone gave it to me. Same with them all. I like my GZ but the TU i dont. And Ive caught comments that goes both ways on my GZ. Had an older guy say he likes it then ask me if it WAS a harley, then later told a couple other guys it looks just like a small HD. But another guy i know rides a sports bike with a big motor, he seen my bike and laughed and told me boy thats a real powerhouse! I looked at him and said yea well its 2 wheels aint it? That shut him up pretty quick
Old 07-21-2010, 07:09 PM   #25
Scheezo

Send a message via AIM to Scheezo Send a message via Yahoo to Scheezo

I used to have a Ninja and I considered anyone on 2 wheels a biker. I rode with people with 250's. People who just got to have the big motor and call other bikes slow are the kind that eventually get themselves killed and give us all a bad name. Live and let ride I say!

Old 07-21-2010, 08:26 PM   #26
5th_bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentheman
When I said I was looking for something in the 250 to 400 range, the guy said he no longer sells them because after a few weeks the owners bring them back wanting to trade up to something bigger. This sounded odd; if they are bringing back the small bikes, why are there none to be found on the used market around here, and if they are trading up to big bikes, why are there so many used big bikes available?
:2tup: Hooray, someone has their gray cells working and puts it in writing, very eloquently ! Bravo !
Old 07-21-2010, 08:33 PM   #27
5th_bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
A couple of months ago, I made a comment about folks on the "left coast" and now Alan won't hardly talk to me anymore. Can't we all just get along ???
:cool:
I pulled one on him on the Tag O'Rama thread and haven't seen him post there since.

Alan, I sincerely apologize for getting you upset in any way, about the tag-o-rama rules. It was never my true intention to question the validity of your tag (the one you didn't move the bike for).

And for what it's worth, I do appreciate your presence here. :bow:
Old 07-22-2010, 05:08 PM   #28
ArizonaKev

Sarris - my apologies if the comments I made came off as insulting or demeaning to ALL Harley riders, as that was not my intent. I can see however, how it could have been interpreted that way, and so I will offer my apology to ALL Harley riders here, and make sure that I don't make such "blanket" comments anymore.

I am not a Harley basher - far from it. I guess what I was referring to is that select group of riders - of all bikes, actually - that tend to look down on anyone who isn't riding "their kind" of bike, be it a Ducati, a sport bike, a bobber, or even a Harley. People who fall into that category, and go shopping for a motorcycle, typically don't use mpg as the major deciding factor - as I did when I bought my GZ. That's all I was really saying, that if someone were to buy a bike solely on miles per gallon, while trying to retain that actual motorcycle feel, not wanting a scooter, then it seems to me like the GZ, or the Rebel, or something equivalent is the way to go.

All that being said, this is a GZ250 forum, and I thought maybe I was in the "trust tree" here, and could enjoy some freedom from the bashing/humiliation that SOME - not all - Harley riders dish out to those of us who ride smaller bikes. But I stand corrected, and will use better manners and etiquette from here on out.

AZ Kev
Old 07-22-2010, 06:42 PM   #29
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaKev
All that being said, this is a GZ250 forum, and I thought maybe I was in the "trust tree" here, and could enjoy some freedom from the bashing/humiliation that SOME - not all - Harley riders dish out to those of us who ride smaller bikes. But I stand corrected, and will use better manners and etiquette from here on out.
**I** think Sarris over-reacted. Not the first time and won't be the last. :biggrin:

Big of you to offer an appology; good show.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:54 PM   #30
ArizonaKev

Right on Easy - thanks for the vote of support :2tup:

I try to follow the Hippocratic Oath whenever possible : "first, do no harm".

AZ Kev