Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 03-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #21
mrlmd1

Re: Want your GZ to ride better?

Why is oxidizing on the inside of the tire even a concern? There is the same amount of oxygen on the outside. But nobody gives a crap about that or says it causes any damage. It's actually exposure to the UV light of the sun that damages tires - if you look on the inside of a dry rotted tire all cracked on the outside, the inside will look as clean and smooth as the day the tire was made. Where's the damage from all that O2 sealed up in there for all those years? How ridiculous an argument do you want to try and make that N2 is better to inflate a tire with?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #22
Scheezo

Send a message via AIM to Scheezo Send a message via Yahoo to Scheezo

I worked at a car dealership for a couple years. One of the techs thought it be fun to fill two of my tires with nitrogen to see what would happen one November. In the late spring my tires with air were a little low and the ones with nitrogen were still at the correct psi. When tires lose air pressure they tend to wear down more. Nitrogen works, sorry to burst people's bubbles. Do I think its worth $10? No. They over charge but if you want your tires to last longer then Nitrogen is the way to go.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:21 PM   #23
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheezo
I worked at a car dealership for a couple years. One of the techs thought it be fun to fill two of my tires with nitrogen to see what would happen one November. In the late spring my tires with air were a little low and the ones with nitrogen were still at the correct psi. When tires lose air pressure they tend to wear down more. Nitrogen works, sorry to burst people's bubbles. Do I think its worth $10? No. They over charge but if you want your tires to last longer then Nitrogen is the way to go.
Or check your tires once a week. :2tup: :biggrin:

Old 04-11-2012, 01:23 AM   #24
Skunkhome

[c:394f8n08][/c:394f8n08]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheezo
purely anecdotal! There is evidence that super dryed air will give comparable results.
There is absolutely no information confirming any advantage for ordinary vehicles that is not put out by anyone other than people who stand to benefit by perpetuating the myth. It is just a great way to make money off lazy and/or gullible people.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:04 AM   #25
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo

I fill mine with helium. When i blow a tire, it sounds pretty dam funny.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Old 05-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #26
mrlmd1

Makes your bike much lighter too, and much less unsprung weight for better handling.