Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 04-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #11
riningr

Re: Few question from a noob

I'm 5'11" and I'm pretty comfortable on my GZ250... I have considered what it would take to add a set of cruising pegs up farther forward though as I have bad knees that do tend to get cramped up riding long distance on my GZ and because I'm used to my XS1100 having the cruising pegs further forward to be able to stretch out =) but all in all I'm still happy with my purchase although I've only put about 300 miles on my bike so far...

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #12
Skunkhome

I think cruising pegs would be great but also would like running boards so I can shift my legs around as the ride progresses. I pulled a ham string many years ago and when I sit for long I now have problems with that leg cramping. Yesterday I finally took a break at about 80 miles not because my butt was sore but because my left leg was cramping on the inner thigh. It would help to spread by knees as wide as I could and stretch out the muscle but the last 22 miles were tough. If I could slide that leg back on a running board and change positions I think it would help that leg a lot.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #13
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkhome
I think cruising pegs would be great but also would like running boards so I can shift my legs around as the ride progresses. I pulled a ham string many years ago and when I sit for long I now have problems with that leg cramping. Yesterday I finally took a break at about 80 miles not because my butt was sore but because my left leg was cramping on the inner thigh. It would help to spread by knees as wide as I could and stretch out the muscle but the last 22 miles were tough. If I could slide that leg back on a running board and change positions I think it would help that leg a lot.
Stop and take a break before you feel a cramp coming on. Walk and stand for 5 minutes. Drink some water. I learned this the hard way. Stop and take some pics once an hour. It helps blood circulation.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #14
GWAR

Awesome, thanks for all the feedback, I am going to be saving up for one :p
Old 04-09-2012, 11:41 PM   #15
Scheezo

Send a message via AIM to Scheezo Send a message via Yahoo to Scheezo

I'm 6' 1" and live in Florida where we get storms every day in the summer. I love my bike and feel it handles me and the rain perfectly. I ride a lot on the highway and have topped out at 70mph. This is a fantastic little bike.