Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 09-19-2006, 08:49 AM   #1
Bill

Looks like I'm #25

Googled for a GZ250 forum and wound up here. Glad to see there actually is a forum for the GZ250. After surfing for aftermarket parts for the bike I was getting pretty frustrated over the lack of information considering that the bike has been around for quite awhile. My wife is riding the GZ250 partly because of the great styling and part because if fits her size and she was interested in a bike to ride to work. I'm just getting started riding myself and have a C50 but it looks like I will be the one taking care of both bikes - doing general maintanence and cleaning. I'm hoping there will be a few members that can provide proper information in those areas without a bluff.
Thanks to those of you who got this started and support the effort.

Cheers!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-19-2006, 01:20 PM   #2
Badbob

Welcome, we are just getting started here so there are not a lot of posts yet. We are working on that. We do have a service manual you can download.

Post some photos of your bike.

Ask questions if you need help.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:00 PM   #3
Bill

The manual is a great addition to the forum. I have been looking for additional publications and there don't seem to be any other than the owners manual and this shop manual. There is nothing like a Haynes that is available.

As soon as I can find a camera I'll post some pictures. At the moment it is the stock metallic light blue '06 GZ250 since there are few bolt on mods. The first mod that I plan on doing is a Stebel horn - 139 dB (nothing louder). I want the traffic to hear if they won't see. Sounds like a huge diesel is bearing down on you. That should get their attention. Two came in yesterday - one for my wifes GZ250 and one for my C50.

Cheers!

Old 09-20-2006, 02:05 PM   #4
Badbob

Make sure the electrical system will handle that big horn and please post your experiences with installing it.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:22 AM   #5
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Its a funny story on that service manual. I found it while looking for a downloadable service manual on Google. I was about 40 pages into search and i was about to give up. I found a forum from Europe where they were wanting to translate the english gz250 serivce manual to their language (french or swedish ... something like that). So someone took the time to scan every page of that huge book into editable .doc format so they could all help in the translation. Thanks guys, i was needing a downloadable copy in english lol.

You find things in the weirdest places sometimes.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook