Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 05-27-2010, 10:05 PM   #11
Water Warrior 2

Re: Click

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
Anyone remember flashbulbs?
And anyone still use a lightmeter?
The Pentax has a built in light meter needle so I can adjust the lens accordingly. Used the camera today but won't know if it will turn out or not. No idea how many exposures are left on the film or even how old it is. One day soon I will find out.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-07-2010, 10:08 PM   #12
dhgeyer

I got seriously into photography in 1969. I bought a used cheap SLR, but within weeks had built a crude view camera from a cardboard box, a magnifying glass, some sort of cardboard tube, and tape. I used paper for film, and contact printed it wet - like the Calotypes originally invented by William Henry Fox Talbot in 1839.

I built my first real view camera in 1971, with a store bought bellows and lens/shutter/aperture setup from Schneider. The rest was made of
wood, with a string-wound-on-shaft focusing mechanism. It had all the possible view camera movements (tilts, swings, and rising and falling back and front). It worked well.

Then I got a Calumet 4 by 5. Used that for years for all kinds of stuff. At the same time I had a Leica M3 and Konica Autoreflex. I also picked up a Mamiya TLR, the one with the interchangeable sets of twin lenses. I was doing a lot of commercial assignments, as well as my own personal work. I used to mix my own developers from Kodak chemicals using their formula book, as well as some formulas from Ansel Adams' books.

I don't miss any of that one bit! These digital cameras are a wonder, and I have never looked back.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:30 PM   #13
Water Warrior 2

I now know my old Pentax works. It had some really old film in it. Half a dozen exposures that did not turn out at all after all this time but I managed to take 3 shots with the old film that did show up. The color was pretty much washed out but new film will fix that when I get around to buying some.

Login or Register to Remove Ads