Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 09-09-2009, 10:28 AM   #1
Sarris

The Current Sarris Big Bike

Here is what I ride when not on the old GeeZer. (Photoshop hacked stock photo)

You can't beat the fairing, cruise, and radio/cd player. Super comfy!!

:chop:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-09-2009, 11:08 AM   #2
alanmcorcoran

Re: The Current Sarris Big Bike

Sarris.

Your bike looks like the model they copied to make the Strat. Except I don't have the fairing, cruise or CD. But the offset gigantic V-twin looks VERY familiar. (Dual front disc?) (Belt drive?) How many CC? what size gas tank? I'd ask mileage, but I'm not really sure what I get on mine. I know there is a big difference between highway and city.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:43 AM   #3
dannylightning

cd player, dang!!!!!!!

Old 09-09-2009, 12:28 PM   #4
Sarris

Mine is a 2006 Streetglide w/ the Twin Cam 88 ci (1450cc??) motor & 5 speed trans. It is belt drive w/ dual front disc brakes. It also has a 5 gallon gas tank. I average about 42 mpg. It weighs 850 lbs. wet.

The '07's and above have a 96 ci motor that actually makes less horsepower and has a tendancy to overheat in traffic.

They also have a very whiney 6 speed (5th gear particulary), so I'm not going to upgrade to a newer model until they fix some problems in the newer versions.

Then to top it all off, the newer ones have an aircraft carrier sized 6 gallon gas tank. It's so wide you can play ping-pong on it.

I have almost 36k miles on it and it's been very reliable and is more comfortable than any other bike I've owned. And I'm "Rockin' Down the Highway" (kudos to the Doobie Bros., eh MM?)

:2tup:
Old 09-09-2009, 01:02 PM   #5
alanmcorcoran

Very similar specs to Strat (5 speed, belt drive, dual front disc, 800ish pounds) The Yamaha V twin is a bit more (1850cc) and the tank is a bit less (4.5) but I think the mileage is about the same. Mine is pretty easy riding. I admire your hanging in there with the GZ, I have finally admitted I don't really want to ride it anymore and have it up for sale. The lack of power, especially uphill, the pokiness of acceleration and zero storage are all the more striking when compared with the beast. If I lived somewhere that was less freeway-centric, and flat, I might hang on to it, but it's just too limited for the terrain and driving conditions where I tend to be going.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:29 PM   #6
Sarris

Well Floriduh is pretty damn flat and pretty damn straight for the most part. LOL

I use the GeeZer for running to the store and short rides around town when I have limited time to ride. 25 or 30 miles or an hour or so at a time.

It also makes a good spare when the HD is in the shop or when a riding buddy (from out of town or their bike is in for repair) or one of my kids needs a scoot.

It really is quite a well made little bike and so easy to ride. Just don't try and do freeway speeds or more than about 50 miles at a shot and it's perfect.

Remember, its not what you ride, it is the ride. Besides it's not really worth much, so why not keep it?

Old 09-09-2009, 02:42 PM   #7
alanmcorcoran

That was pretty much my attitude until I had to park another car in the garage and now I have to fit the Strat and the GZ on one side. Plus keeping it insured and registered. The spare bike thing IS handy, but remember, my other ride is NOT a Harley . If I don't sell it in the 30 days you get on CL, I'll probably keep it. I have to remember to ride it every once in a while to keep it in good running condition.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:44 PM   #8
bonehead

Keep it!!!!
Old 09-09-2009, 02:45 PM   #9
VTXorcist

Send a message via Yahoo to VTXorcist

Holy smokes, Sarris, you running dead bodies for the mob in those saddlebags?? They're HUGE!
Old 09-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #10
Sarris

Naw, those are Fat Bagger extensions (valances). Cool look, huh?? I'll post an actual photo as time permits.

The one above is a photoshop hack I did to see what it would look like with the extensions before I bought them. I also ps'ed out the crash bar and reflectors (hate 'em).

Mine has the valances as shown as well as chromed stock wheels, a K&N billet air cleaner, Screaming Beagle Stage 2 Ignition module and Vance & Hines true duals.

It make 92 HP & 115 lb/ft torque by the HD shop dyno. It is cool running and runs great. Very trouble free.

It IS one bad ass ride!

:skull: :skull: