Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Gadgets & Farkles

Old 03-03-2009, 02:58 PM   #11
Water Warrior 2

Re: Latest new accessories (Do we need an Accessories Forum?)

Lynda has taken a jacket and riding pants to a seamstress for mods to give a better fit and comfort. A good seamstress will be able to work with the armor positioning and not only not mess up the overall appearance but make things look better because of a better fit.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-03-2009, 04:53 PM   #12
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
Hell man, you could get a pair of cargo shorts from Old Navy and you'd probably have to take them up so you don't trip over them. :redflip:
WE'RE OFF TO SEE THE WIZZARD............. :neener:

P.S. It is ONLY 577 miles from here to Tulsa! :shocked:
Old 03-03-2009, 05:00 PM   #13
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Lynda has taken a jacket and riding pants to a seamstress for mods to give a better fit and comfort.
I know. Alas, the Joe Rocket pants I got didn't fit anywhere except the waist and the reinforcements were sewn-in panels. To "fix" them, they would have to be torn down to most of the component pieces and then all put back together. Not worth the time OR the money......which would have been considerable for that much work. AND I wanted something for riding in the summer heat and they weren't really good for that either (although the bagginess did make for better venting than "normal" jeans).

Just another expensive lesson learned. I still have a seat for sale!!
Maybe I should list it in "For Sale" ?? :biggrin:

Old 03-03-2009, 06:43 PM   #14
adrianinflorida

[quote=Easy Rider]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Water Warrior":bejgpyih
Lynda has taken a jacket and riding pants to a seamstress for mods to give a better fit and comfort.
I know. Alas, the Joe Rocket pants I got didn't fit anywhere except the waist and the reinforcements were sewn-in panels. To "fix" them, they would have to be torn down to most of the component pieces and then all put back together. Not worth the time OR the money......which would have been considerable for that much work. AND I wanted something for riding in the summer heat and they weren't really good for that either (although the bagginess did make for better venting than "normal" jeans).

Just another expensive lesson learned. I still have a seat for sale!!
Maybe I should list it in "For Sale" ?? :biggrin:[/quote:bejgpyih]What kind of seat?
Old 03-03-2009, 07:24 PM   #15
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianinflorida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
I still have a seat for sale!!
What kind of seat?
An original GZ seat that has been re-covered. Turns out that more of a dish-out does not fit my anatomy very good. Nice cover, just the wrong shape for me. I figure $20 plus shipping which will probably be another $20. About $40 total. I think a stock seat new is about $110.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:33 PM   #16
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
Easy, let us know how you like those pants.
They are fine pants but they are going back.
Apparently nobody in the industry knows what "short" really means.

It amazes me that even women's sizes seem to have a minimum inseam of 30.
And yes, the knee armor is adjustable but the highest position still brings the TOP edge up to the BOTTOM of my knee cap.

I think I'm gonna trade them in for something else that comes in a "short" (still too long for me) and find a good seamstress..........more $$$.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #17
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil
I got one of those clocks from clocks 4 bikes and I love it.
The damn thing almost got me in trouble today. 2 hours before work, I went out for a ride (temp. 65 F.). I ended up being almost late for work.

Oh, maybe I should have put the clock ON the bike first ??? :shocked:
Guess it doesn't go much good on the work bench, huh !! :whistle:

It is EASY to lose track of the time on the first real ride of the season. :biggrin:
Old 03-06-2009, 10:59 PM   #18
mr. softie

This weekend is going to be great for riding over much of the country looks like. I just velcroed a $3 plastic "dash" clock to my triple clamp, and it is great knowing the time while riding.

Easy... I used to take my Motorcycle "shortcut" on the way Home from work, back when I had a job to come home from. Now I have all day to ride if I want :2tup:
Old 03-25-2009, 11:33 AM   #19
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Oh, maybe I should have put the clock ON the bike first ???
In the process of mounting the clock and thermometer, I learned something. Well, two things really.

First, the clock and therm. won't BOTH fit between the bar mounting brackets; might be able to grind them down to fit since they don't miss by much......but that's not for me. I ended up putting one in the center and the other just off to the side.

Now for the interesting part: I always thought that my bars were centered; well, not so as it turns out. I also wondered why I could see well BEHIND me with the left mirror but not with the right one. (that should have been a clue but some things that should be obvious just don't sink in sometimes) :roll: .

The new toy would fit to the left of the mounts but not to the right. Turns out that my bars are shifted to the left a bit; just 1/2 or 3/4 inch but just that much makes a LOT of difference in the viewing angle of the mirrors.

SO..........if you are unhappy because you can't see back past your arms with either of your mirrors, just loosen the bar mounts and shift them over a tad bit to the left (and tighten again, of course). You won't (probably) even notice the difference.....except for the different view from the mirror.