Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 12-17-2019, 07:16 AM   #1
Fixjets

New member in Florida

Hello. A cheap bike brought me here...

I bought an 07 non running GZ250 about a year ago for my wife for dirt cheap. She has been my riding partner for awhile, and has decided she wants her own.

Being a Harley owner, (Don't judge..I cut my teeth on Suzuki Honda and Yahama in the past 35 years) I asked what she wants. Her sister had an 02 Super Glide and health prevents her from riding it anymore, so there it was. This bike was a well used problem that I went through and made worthy again.

I insisted we get her a beginner bike to give her the seat time and help her gain skills before setting her loose on the HD. A coworker offered me her GZ250 for a ridiculous price. She would bring it to the shop over and over, pay big bucks to get it running, only for it to conk out within a few weeks. Of course this is a perfect candidate for me since all my bikes started out as basket cases that I would bring back.

I been through this bike inside and out, and can report I solved all the problems, and made this a great commuter. I learned a lot with this, and see a lot of issues on this forum that I encountered and solved. I hope to share what I learned so others can have as much fun as we are having with this bike.

Mike

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-20-2019, 07:42 PM   #2
5th_bike

Thank you for joining. There is always a need for people that 1) have technical knowledge about this bike, and 2) check in every now and then, and help.