Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips > Lessons Well-Learned

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
Jvacustoms

Rabbits are fast.

I pulled outta my driveway(very steep) and shifted up to second gear last night was doing a test drive after completing the needle shim modification and removing the mixture cap. I started to accelerate when a rabbit darts across in front of me and I hit my brakes. Well when i combined that with the fact I just rolled my bike outta the garage and tried to test drive it in the rain up hill at night on curvy roads. I messed up my bike a little but it is fixable and i just have a bruised shoulder some ripper pants and gloves and a rashed leather jacket. no blood was shed this night. The rabbit scurried off to the woods. and i jumped up grabbed the bike straightened out my bent foot peg and rode back up to my garage and inspected the cause. There was gas leaking out of the bucket i used to collect it on my garage floor and tire tracks from my front tire out the door where i rolled in it. My lessons are learned.

1.) Be more careful when wrenching not to get oily products on tires.
2.) wait till morning to do any tests on the bike.
3.) when it is raining it isn't the best time to test drive.
4.) those damn rabbits are fast enough to get out the way.
5.) Riding gear really does keep you safer.
6.) I like leather it saves my skin!
7.) doesn't matter how much you train on being safe things are still gonna happen.

Ride safe! Wear your gear!

Login or Register to Remove Ads