GZ 250 Forums

GZ 250 Forums (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/index.php)
-   GZ250 Media (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   So far... (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3069)

alantf 04-16-2010 05:18 AM

Re: So far...

Quote:

Originally Posted by diffluere
I have the little Spitfire Slipstreamer windshield. I don't know if it's in my avatar or not...

??????????? Ever thought of turning your eyes just a LITTLE to the left? There, for all the world (including you) to see, is your avatar. A quick glance should be enough for you to answer your own question. :) :lol:

Mercutio57 04-16-2010 07:17 AM

Thank you.

The little bike has always gotten some attention (principally because where I live one very rarely sees small motorcycles), but now with the tank logo it gets quite a bit more. Spanish speakers, of course, "get it" right away and smile; others wil ask for a translation and explanation.

As a consequence of these questions I have discovered that none of my friends and neighbors here know anything about "The Motorcycle Diaries." I had sort of assumed that everyone knew at least something about Guevara's famous trip, especially since the release of the rather successful film, but I guess I'm more of a history nerd than I realized.

So the logo, in effect, is much more of an inside joke than was intended.

Should I ever succumb to the temptation to buy that Ninja, by the way, I already have a nickname and corresponding logo for it in the works!

mrlmd1 04-16-2010 04:54 PM

Oh, post it, post it. Since I have one also I want to see it, and I promise I won't steal it.

Mercutio57 04-16-2010 06:03 PM

Oh, I haven't drawn her yet-- she's still in the "visualizing" stage! The clue is that name of the bike (and the logo girl) will be the title of an old Elton John song...

BillInGA 04-16-2010 08:08 PM

That's too easy a hint, but I won't give it away. :cool:

Mercutio57 04-17-2010 08:18 AM

That's right. 1971!

Mercutio57 04-17-2010 07:35 PM

Update on the windshield: Don't expect to see any photos, as I don't think I'm going to use it. It looks great, but no matter how I adjusted it the turbulence it sent up into my face was very annoying-- much worse than the wind without it. Oh well...

blaine 04-17-2010 08:49 PM

When I put my windscreen on it took me about a month of trial and error to get it adjusted to my liking

burkbuilds 04-17-2010 09:11 PM

Mercutio57, I had the same experience with my GZ's windshield, (the spitfire), so I removed it after about a week. When the weather turned colder, I decided to re-install it and I was able to adjust it (eventually) to where it didn't buffet me so much and I ended up just leaving it on after that. If you are happy without it though, I always thought the bike, all bikes for that matter, looked better without the shield.

alantf 04-18-2010 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercutio57
That's right. 1971!

Are you sure about the year? I'm not much of an Elton John fan, so I couldn't work it out. I went on a web site that listed his music, & 1971 didn't throw up anything with a girl's name. :)