Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 08-02-2010, 05:25 PM   #1
diffluere

1-Yr Anniversary

So this week is my one-year anniversary for owning my GZ! Sadly I've only managed to put about 4k miles on her. I only ride about 6 miles to school and back every day, plus a few awesome adventures. I've been trying to ride more instead of driving my jeep, but it always seems to rain RIGHT when I need to leave for work or I want to run to the store. Plus, today it was 100 degrees so I'd rather take the car with the a/c instead of sweating to death at every stop light. I'm just amazed I've made it a whole year without dropping it in a parking lot or something.

Next year when I pay off my Jeep I hope to get a little bigger bike, maybe a 600/650. I really want a sportbike but who knows. I might be moving out of state to go to grad school so I could be bike-less for a while.

In about two weeks I'm going to visit friends in South Carolina and I think my friend is going to let me use his motorcycle trailer. Last time I went to visit they let me ride their Ninja 250 and I had a blast up in the mountains. I'm curious to see how the GZ compares on the slopes and twisties.

Some things I've learned:

-It's not as scary as everyone makes it out to be. Not every car is trying to murder me. I'm still careful, but I don't get really anxious every time I go out.

-Rain isn't that bad providing your visor is clean and you have a jacket. And you stay far behind cars since they can't figure out how to stop in rain.

-I should stop being lazy and learn how to fix stuff myself.

-Slow-moving traffic skills. hooray rear brakes!

-I *can* use all four limbs to operate a vehicle! My attempts to drive stick shift cars were mostly failures so the clutch/shift part of riding was hard for me, but with practice I learned how to make my left hand and foot do what I want them to.

-BRING WATER. Everywhere.

I love Young GZ. I wish I had more opportunity to ride but school and work take up all of my time it seems like...

Login or Register to Remove Ads