Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2009, 06:41 PM   #29
dannylightning

Re: cleaning chrome items such as exhaust that get hot??

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds
Yeah Danny, it is flooding in the Metro Atlanta area, really bad in places. Earlier in the week parts of I-285, I-85, I-75, I-20,. . . were under water. Lots' of homes destroyed, and at least 8 people killed in the flood waters that I heard about. There are entire schools and neighborhoods completely underwater. I don't know about Lake Lanier, but I drove across Allatoona Lake at I-75 coming home last night and from what I can see it is more than full. Parts of the surrounding area got as much as 20" of rain over the 3 day weekend last weekend. It had already been raining almost every day before the big deluge hit over the weekend. My home is about 120 miles North of Atlanta and my workshop was flooded at least 4 separate times. The ground is so saturated that every downpour just stays on the surface and runs across the yards and up against and over anything in it's path. Part of the problem was that the storm systems just sat in place for days, dumping enormous amounts of rain constantly. I've seen it rain that hard plenty of times, but it's usually over in a few hours at the most sometimes just 20-30 minutes, but these storms just dumped rain for days non stop. The president declared North Georgia a disaster area and Vice President Joe Biden flew in to Marietta (1st big city North of Atlanta, often referred to as a suburb of Atlanta) today and made a speech. I think Easy Rider has a kid in the Atlanta area, hope they are okay.
here i thought it was just wanting a boat, and im making jokes about putting floaters on the motorcycle, sorry, hope all is well