Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2010, 05:06 PM   #11
Water Warrior 2

Re: New Rider, First Bike & Lots of Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziQ07
Hello,
In my opinion, that seems like a rather reasonable price for a bike with such low mileage. I would not be too worried about the dent in the tank, as it's just cosmetic. It depends on how much it bothers you. I have a dent in my tank from the previous owner as well. At some point I may do some body work. It would be very important to carefully examine the tires and look for wear, cracks, and rot etc. You could find some used motorcycle accessories and gear on http://www.craigslist.com. I also agree that buying a used helmet is never a good idea. At my local Harley-Davidson shop two people dropped helmets as they were shopping. The store clerks had to take them off the shelves, as they can not be sold as new at this point. She said just a drop on the floor could comprise the safety of the helmet and there may be unseen damage on the inside.
Good luck to you!
It is very unlikely the dropped helmets were damaged in any way. Possibly the finish was marked but nothing more. What you do have to worry about is a used helmet that has had an impact with a head in it and the protective material inside the helmet being deformed. It will no longer serve it's designed purpose. The dropped helmets were probably later sold as new but discounted due to the finish being marred. A helmet shell itself is quite robust and can take a lot of banging around without being comprimised.

Login or Register to Remove Ads