Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 10-24-2009, 12:49 PM   #31
primal

Send a message via AIM to primal
Re: Yamaha v-Star 650 Silverado edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhgeyer
I got an opportunity to look at a Victory Vision recently, by the way. It's not a cruiser. It's Victory's version of very highly stylized touring bike. If you see one, you'll either love it or hate it. It's a pretty "out there" design. I haven't made up my mind yet.
Well, it may not be a cruiser in the traditional since (the same way that a Sportster technically isn't a cruiser), but it's still got a lot of the cruiser ergonomics.

Victory Vision:
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/071007top.jpg

Marauder 800:
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photogall ... G_4382.jpg

Honda Goldwing:
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/goldwing.jpg

Looking at the Victory and Marauder pics, the seating position is much the same. Notice how on both bikes the ankles are directly under the wrists. In contrast, the Goldwing rider's ankles are well behind the wrists in more of the standard seating position.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-24-2009, 12:56 PM   #32
burkbuilds

My foot position on my Vulcan looks almost exactly like Primal's post of the Marauder 800, I do have some extenders on the handlebars but that only moved them back about 1 3/4" from factory settings.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:19 PM   #33
Sarris

Deleted to keep the Peace

:skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:

Old 10-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #34
burkbuilds

Hey gentlemen,
I am getting some pretty good input on this post overall, but I really don't want it to turn into a knock down drag out fight and name calling, so how bout' we all shake hands and try to be a little more civil before this starts to get out of hand, everybody okay with that?
Old 10-24-2009, 05:17 PM   #35
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds
but I really don't want it to turn into a knock down drag out fight and name calling,
WTF ??? :??:

Old 10-24-2009, 05:36 PM   #36
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds
but I really don't want it to turn into a knock down drag out fight and name calling,
WTF ??? :??:
Easy, I don't think we want to know.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:36 PM   #37
dhgeyer

Blanket apology to any feathers I may have ruffled. Wasn't my intent. Well, maybe that one comment - sorry about that.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:57 AM   #38
burkbuilds

Thanks, I appreciate everybody "chillin" !
Old 10-26-2009, 12:27 PM   #39
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhgeyer
Danny,

I don't recall using the word "crap" once. What I said was that, performance wise, handling wise, control wise, and long distance comfort wise, cruisers are not the most functional motorcycles, and are not, for the most part chosen by knowledgeable people who care most about those parameters. That's not opinion. Statistically, it's provable fact. .
well you may not have said the word crap but that is basically what you are implying.
every time i have set on a sport bike all i can think about is how uncomfortable they are to set on and how much my back would hurt after a 20 min ride on it, i cant imagine taking one for a long distance ride. i will agree those bikes have more power and better handling but i really cant agree with the comfort statement

as far as cruiser handling, my bike is on the larger side and i can turn on to any side street at 20mph easily (that is a pretty sharp turn) and still not scrape the foot peg on the ground, i cant see any need to take a corner any faster than that. especially when you never know if your gonna run it some gravel or any thing else on the road.

not every one cares about those parameters so that is kind of a dead end statement about the "facts" sure if you want a motorcycle that races down the road at 200mph and takes corners at stupid speeds your gonna get that kind of a bike. but not every one has a death wish :lol:

bottom line here, to me it sounds like you are saying that cruisers are crap. not trying to start any kind of fight here. just did not appreciate what was said. and i cant see how riding a sports bike is comfortable in the least bit. especially if you back hurts all the time, maybe i have not set on the right kind of sports bike. i have set on some that were not comfy and some that i thought were horribly not comfy. sure sport bikes are better in some aspects but cruisers are better in others and look a lot better, that is my opinion.

this is the last time i will complain about this. i have said what i have to say. your post does give people something to think about and i do see what you are saying except for a few of the statements, i just feel that you want the wrong way about giving that information.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:52 PM   #40
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning
well you may not have said the word crap but that is basically what you are implying.
This is just a little bit ironic......since you have been on the OTHER side of someone taking an off-hand comment of yours and making WAY too much out of it in the past.

I think a lot of "us" need to loosen up a bit. :popcorn: