Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 09-17-2008, 01:08 PM   #1
CANDY

on the road again

i'm back on the road again :biggrin: . i rode to work today (35) miles one way.first long ride since shoulder surgery 9 wks ago. :2tup: will be riding this weekend , if anyone is going to be in the area i'll watch for ya.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-17-2008, 02:47 PM   #2
Magnar Infectus

Send a message via ICQ to Magnar Infectus Send a message via AIM to Magnar Infectus Send a message via MSN to Magnar Infectus Send a message via Yahoo to Magnar Infectus
Re: on the road again

Congrats. Ride safe and take it easy on your shoulder. You don't want to go back under the knife again.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:52 PM   #3
alanmcorcoran

How is the shoulder? Tweaked mine pretty good about three years ago. Didn't opt for surgery, but I had to sleep in a chair for about a month. Was almost nine months before I attempted a bench press again. Did about six months of PT. Not sure if it worked or I just healed with time, but the place was staffed with some very attractive therapists.

Mine didn't bother me too much when I was sitting down with my arm weight stabilized, but I couldn't raise my arm and I couldn't lay down. And I definitely couldn't bench press anything. I was surprised how much pain the shoulder will generate when the rotator cuff and surroundings go on the fritz. I backed off a bit on the weights after that. Pain is a very good instructor.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:21 PM   #4
CANDY

the shoulder is doing much better,thanks for asking.they found a 1" piece of torn cartilage floating around in the joint,caused loss of movement and my jobs requires the use of my arms and hands .the doc went in and in the process of removing it, decided that the space between my upper arm bone and the end of my collarbone was too narrow,sooo you guessed it,he "shaved" off some bone from each end :biggrin: personally i wouldn't recommend that proceedure to anyone.i'm lifting up to 5# of weight and have full range of motion now,so i'm gettin there.i wasn't as lucky with my therapists,they have all been women
Old 09-19-2008, 12:21 PM   #5
mr. softie

I know what you guys are talking about. I severed my left supraspinatus tendon Jan 30th this year in a fall and had to have surgery in March to reattach it to my humerus. NOT FUN! I was out of work for 6 weeks and have been on sedentary duty since the operation. I am still in rehab and have limited ROM. I started riding my GZ in June and I think it helps my arm, although the clutch makes my forearm hurt when I use it a lot. Riding really helps my mood too! :biggrin:

Keep on riding and doing the rehab work and we'll all be wishing you a rapid recovery Candy. :2tup:

Old 09-19-2008, 02:23 PM   #6
CANDY

thanks mr. softie i hope you get better soon.i had trouble making right turns at first ( it was my left arm)but other than a little tightness riding appears to help me too.i haven't found anything yet that riding didn't cure or help a whole lot :rawk: good luck riding and be careful