Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 12-12-2008, 12:00 AM   #11
Water Warrior 2

Re: final word for this mod.

Just had a thought about the vacumn or lack there of. If the carb has less vacumn would the petcock be compromised and starve the engine for fuel. Take out the air filter, turn the petcock to PRIME and go riding. May or may not run like crap. And no, Lynda won't let me try that on her bike.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-12-2008, 12:17 AM   #12
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoned10x

> Now tell us about that survey you took to substantiate "less restrictive than many think it is."

Over 40 years working with wankers who don't get it.

Survey says.............. :lol:

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 12-12-2008, 09:41 AM   #13
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Just had a thought about the vacumn or lack there of. If the carb has less vacumn would the petcock be compromised and starve the engine for fuel.
That sounds logical, doesn't it, but it doesn't quite work that way.

A carb works on the petri effect (or is that venturi effect ?) as much as it does on vacume, that is, it depends on air FLOW. The vacume is kind of a side effect and is always present downstream from the throttle plate.......unless you are turbo/super charged........or for that instant right after you whip it WFO. The difference in vacume when changing styles of air filter depends on carb. design but usually is VERY small, if any.

The fuel in the bowl is more than enough to make up for a momentary loss of vacume......if you have one.

OK, zoned, your turn. Surely there are several "nits" in there that you can expand into a couple of pages of "corrections". :biggrin: :poked:

Old 12-12-2008, 11:10 AM   #14
Dupo

Ok, this along with several other threads in this forum have been taking a turn for the worst and this needs to stop. Posting from new members has really decreased over the past few weeks and i can see why.

I know we all are starved for information here but this is getting out of hand. Nit picking words in sentences then wanting numbers, percentages, surveys, pie charts is just absurd. "...than many think it is" is obviously just a general statement that did not need a graph to back it up.

Seriously, what the F happened to THIS thread in particular? A member asked what the +/- is to the holesaw mod and it turns into a pissing match of knowledge and i honestly do not see any answers. Only a battle of wits and attitude problems. How about answering the guy and not just tell him NO, then turn the thread into shit.

You guys need to realize that these are machines .... and since the first firing of an engine people have wanted to modify them. These are bikes, extensions of our personality. Our bikes are what we make them, stock or custom. I, for one, will always support someone who wants to modify or change something to make it to their liking or personal taste. We, as a group, should encourage someone or give them help/direction in what they want to do and not knock them for wanting to change something that might involve rejetting or taking something apart and modifying it. I mean, really, every time someone wants to either mod something beyond what you guys think is normal .. or <gasp> upgrade to another bike they are whacked across the knuckles with a ruler and basically degraded/told not to do it.

This was the same crap that happened on the shadow forum i once belonged to. Buncha old farts on there that jumped on anyone who wanted to modify their bikes past new pipes and a windshield. I left that group very quickly due to the close mindedness of the members there. Luckily i found another forum that bitches at you for not removing the reflectors on the radiator cover lol. They support and guide anyone who wants to change something on their machine without getting on their ass for wanting to do so.

Lately, this forum has been showing the following:

1. You do not need a loud pipe or pipe modification. Stock is good enough.
2. No air box mods are necessary. Stock is good enough.
3. My bike does not go past 70 mph, even in wind with a truck pushing me down a hill, neither does yours.
4. No upgrade to a bigger more powerful bike is necessary. You are a noob and can't handle one. They are too heavy, you'll drop it. The GZ is the only thing you'll ever need.
5. If you say anything remotely close to "they say" "its been said" "people have said" you will need a pie chart, signed affidavits, notarized letters or any other legal document to back up your claim. Otherwise your argument is mute.
6. If you ask a question and need help on modifications, make sure you are only talking about the needle shim, windshield or 16 tooth sprocket. Otherwise you will be told its beyond your knowledge and discouraged into doing it. Then the thread will take a wrong turn and never answer your question.
7. You're 6'9" 280lbs? sure, you'll fit on this bike perfectly.

Sound familiar?

If this kind of support keeps up i will have no choice but to lock threads that go south.

Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 12-12-2008, 12:12 PM   #15
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupo
Seriously, what the F happened to THIS thread in particular? A member asked what the +/- is to the holesaw mod and it turns into a pissing match of knowledge and i honestly do not see any answers.
OK this is what I meant by over-reaction.

His question WAS answered, nicely and calmly, by several people BEFORE the thread took a bad turn.

We deserve to catch hell for the bad turn but NOT for ignoring his question. :skull:

Doesn't sound to me like he is unhappy: "lastly i really love this forum i learned so much. keep this forum alive"

Has he since changed his mind ??

Chris: If I have said anything that offended you, I am sorry.
Did you get the information you need.......even if it wasn't quite what you expected ??
If not, what else can we do to help ??

Old 12-12-2008, 03:03 PM   #16
Dupo

It wasn't chris that emailed me and it was also an ongoing thing for a while now. Not singling anyone out or saying who has emailed me in the past, but today was the last straw. Hence this big post.

Anyone wanting to comment go to this thread and we'll discuss viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1964

Motorcycle Blog
Facebook