Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 02-10-2009, 11:00 PM   #61
prof_stack

Re: TU 250

Did the MSRP on the GZ and TU take a major hike? The 2008 GZ, according to the Suzuki website, was $3,250. Both the TU and GZ are now shown at $3800. I thought they were listed at $3600 or $3700, IIRC.

With virtually no sales happening right now, will these prices be solid?

Tough market. Last month the original (and oldest) Honda importer in the USA closed its doors. University Honda in Seattle just up and shut down. The workers found out about it the hard way, a locked door. Sent shivers down the NW dealers' backs.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-11-2009, 05:25 AM   #62
alanmcorcoran

There is a wide range of health in the vehicle dealership business. In boom times, anyone that can fog a mirror can open and run a vehicle dealership. Get a landlord to front you some rent, some banks or manufacturer's to lend you the inventory and you are in business. Hard times will force the weaker dealers to close, and, temporarily, will probably put more pressure on the rest, but, once they are gone, those that remain will have a healthier operating environment. I'm not a republican, but this type of business darwinism is an important, if painful, process and current attempts to avoid it are simply going to make matters worse.

Many of the dead and dying dealers were likely buried in floor plan and other debt and have been limping along on life support. The slowdown in sales wouldn't kill off healthy (more conservatively run) stores in three months.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:00 AM   #63
CMS

I attended the Cleveland Int. MC show last weekend and the Suzuki folks stated that due to the US Dollar value, they raised the price on the GZ and the TU $300, making it [price] $3750 per copy. They claimed they were notified at the show and didn't know of the price increase till then. Untill the show, all the pricing I had read about had both the GZ/TU at $3450. The TU was there and had quite a following, lots of interested folks checking it out. The factory [Suzuki] staff at these shows need to be educated a whole lot more on their products. The standard answer was, "they [Suzuki] haven't told us either. " I was disappointed that the tech details can't seem to be relayed , but the price increases seem to come thru at lighting speed. I did like the TU, it was a hit at this show. CMS :rawk:

2017 Yamaha R -3 White
2013 Suzuki GW250 Black
FSSNOC # 4953

Old 04-04-2009, 06:07 PM   #64
David Bo

I would really love to see Suzuki introduce the 250 Intruder in the US market... I can not help but loving the look and sound of a V-Twin. The only thing I do not like about the 250 Intruder is the small and skinny front tire and fender. It cheapens the look of the honda Rebel and the Yamaha Vigiro 250. I really like the fatter front tire and larger fender on our bikes...

Does anyone not agree that a V-Twin engine would be better than our "thumpers"? Especially if it was fuel injected? Man, I would buy one the second the Suzuki dealership rolled it onto the showroom floor!

As for the TU250, I am not fan. To me it looks like a cross between a cafe' racer and a moped.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:43 PM   #65
prof_stack

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bo
Does anyone not agree that a V-Twin engine would be better than our "thumpers"? Especially if it was fuel injected? Man, I would buy one the second the Suzuki dealership rolled it onto the showroom floor!
Hey, this is a "thumper" forum. Watch your tongue! :tongue:

Quote:
As for the TU250, I am not fan. To me it looks like a cross between a cafe' racer and a moped.
Different 4-strokes for different folks, I guess. I sat on one at the CW show in Seattle and rather liked the feel of it. Slightly retro in looks with modern acruments (FI).

I stopped at the Suzuki dealer today and the owner said that the TU250 would be arriving in a month.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:26 AM   #66
Easy Rider

Quote:
Me neither......and I'm a little sad about the whole situation 'cause it looks like the handwriting is on the wall and the GZ is likely to disappear next year. I would have MUCH preferred the new engine configuration in the GZ frame.

OTOH, maybe the GZ will get new life next year with a 350-400 engine. :twisted: :skull: :biggrin:
Old 04-05-2009, 10:54 AM   #67
Sarris

Looks to me like they tried to keep the price point the same and add fuel injection to meet the new emission standards.

By doing so they eliminated the four valve TDCC head, nicer seat (?WTF?), and the more expensive cruiser styling details (tank, fenders, forward controls, chrome trim, etc.).

So essentially, we're getting a cheaper bike with a more expensive fuel delivery system and more emission controls for the same price.

Nice, huh....

:skull: :fu: :skull: :fu: :skull: :fu:
Old 04-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #68
prof_stack

We're getting a cheaper bike with a better fuel delivery system. As far as styling it might be that the cruiser motif is fading a little.

If the chrome trim pieces were actual metal I'd be for it. Plastic chrome is ... plastic.

Forward foot controls are a pain in the butt after awhile.

As much as I like the look of the cruisers I prefer a more standard position when riding. But the seat cushion has to be decent so I hope the TU has decent padding.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #69
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by prof_stack
SIGH! Nothing is perfect, it seems.

The only thing I would change about the GZ is the position of the pegs/controls.......back in a more standard position, for the above mentioned reason......litterally.

But then it REALLY pisses me off when they take a perfectly good bike and put drag bars on it ......just for styling reasons. IMHO, they ruined the S40 when they did that. Forward controls; pain in the ass. Forward bars; pain in the back. What a LOUSY combination when you have both. (Unless your knuckles drag the ground when you walk, in which case that configuration might be perfectly comfortable.) :biggrin:
Old 04-05-2009, 04:21 PM   #70
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Quote:
Originally Posted by prof_stack
We're getting a cheaper bike with a better fuel delivery system. As far as styling it might be that the cruiser motif is fading a little.

If the chrome trim pieces were actual metal I'd be for it. Plastic chrome is ... plastic.

As much as I like the look of the cruisers I prefer a more standard position when riding. But the seat cushion has to be decent so I hope the TU has decent padding.

You do realize that we are not "attacking" you when we criticize the TU250, right? You seem to take this REALLY personal as if the TU is somehow going to be better than the GZ...WTF dude?