Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Complete Bikes

Old 11-29-2008, 06:29 PM   #1
davidsuserid

Send a message via AIM to davidsuserid
'02 For Sale in Orlando

This bike was originally listed for $2,000, I have dropped $900 off the price cause I really need to get rid of this. Hit me up with an offer, and we can talk. I have for sale my 2002 Suzuki GZ250. I bought it about 5 months ago from a guy who did not take good care of it and left it in the elements. Below is a list of goods and bads:

Goods:
- New front and rear tires and tubes.
- New chain
- New brake pads (front) and brake shoes (rear)
- New rear turn signals (custom placement, not original)
- Various bolts, bits, and grommets that were broken or missing
- 16 tooth front sprocket (original is a 15 tooth)
- Front wheel was just replaced
- Also changed the fork oil, fork seals, and dust boots while I had the bike out of commission for the wheel.

Now the bads:
- Front brake master cylinder sight glass is missing, it was corroded and leaking brake fluid when I got it, so I took it out and replaced it with a bolt, nut, washers, and grommets. Hasn't leaked on me yet. I have contemplated purchasing a replacement cylinder from ebay for $30. It is not a direct replacement, but it looks like it should work fine.
- The header bolts were rusted into the cylinder head when I was inspecting and torquing all the bolts per the owners manual. Three of the bolts came out fine, the threads were cleaned out and new bolts were installed. The 4th bolt broke off in the cylinder head and I was unable to remove it with a screw-out tool. Anyway, the one bolt on the one header holds up pretty well, you just have to tighten it a little about once every month to keep the one bolt tight enough to hold the header on.
- The ignition switch gets a little sticky sometimes between Lock - Off - On, you just have to play with it sometimes to get it to turn. No real biggie.
- There is slight surface rust on the triple tree clamp and springs, and some pitting on the chrome.

Those are the only known issues with the bike. None of them have ever given me a problem. Cylinder never leaked, exhaust gas doesn't seem to be leaking, and the switch has never completely frozen in one position. Again, the previous owner did not take real good care of the bike, but it is in much better shape now than it was.

I am being brutally honest with the description on this bike, look around and I bet you won't find another bike for sale on here with as much info as I have tried to give you.

The bike runs great, gets about 65-70 MPG depending on how you drive. I can get it to hold 65 MPH steady no problem, and I have hit 75 MPH before. And I am on the bigger side (220lbs), so a smaller rider could probably keep it comfortable at 70 MPH. The bike is bulletproof and runs like a champ.

I originally had this bike listed at $2000 on Craigslist to cover the cost of the bike and all the repairs I have done to it. At $1,100 I will break even with what I owe on the bike, so you get all the new parts and repairs for FREE!

Recent (2 week old) pictures can be found at this website.

http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s207 ... mas/GZ250/

I know the bike is not the best looking or "perfect" bike, so please don't post stupid replies that do not include your interest in buying it. I know what is wrong with it, I drive it everyday, so I don't need anyone telling me a bolt and nut in the master cylinder is a bad idea, or that one header bolt is a bad idea. I DON"T CARE! That is why I put in the description that those items were messed up. If you don't want to pay $1100 for the bike, or make a decent offer, then move on without posting please. Thanks!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-04-2008, 06:37 AM   #2
goneoutflying

Re: '02 For Sale in Orlando

how many miles are on it? :??:
Old 12-10-2008, 06:00 PM   #3
davidsuserid

Send a message via AIM to davidsuserid

Tonight it has 9,700 miles. Price is now $1000

Old 04-20-2009, 09:31 AM   #4
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

You still selling this thing?
Old 04-20-2009, 10:13 AM   #5
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Jonathan! You looking to get back into riding a "proper" bike?

Old 04-20-2009, 02:26 PM   #6
adrianinflorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq
You still selling this thing?
You missed out on the sweet leopard print GZ250 in Daytona Beach, the guy fianlly gave up on selling it as is, and painted it black. He painte ALL OF IT BLACK, the chrome trim, the sissy bar....

http://daytona.craigslist.org/mcy/1130401716.html

Old 04-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #7
Water Warrior 2

Shoulda finished the job. Signals, chain guard and muffler are too bright.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:54 PM   #8
music man

Yep if you are gonna go that black you might as well just go stealth fighter mode and just black it out.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:09 PM   #9
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

PAtrick,
I'm tempted.