Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 09-23-2009, 03:20 PM   #41
diffluere

Re: Really annoying sqealing from back brakes

After getting my new tires, my back brake squeaks but not all of the time. Could they have done something wrong when they put my back wheel back on? The sound only occurs with 'light' braking and goes away if I push down a little harder. It's been about a week now and it's still doing it.

I hate to hijack this stupid thread and bump it back up to the top but I don't want to start my own new thread either. People like that guy make me so glad I'm 21 and I work hard for everything I own and I'm going to school so that one day I will have "baller status" with 8 cars and 10 motorcycles in my 20 car garage. Hehehehe! My parents were pretty wealthy but my first car was a 1991 Jeep Cherokee with 89k miles on it and it only cost $3000. Now I drive my own $1500 motorcycle and my 03 Jeep Liberty I pay for by myself.

um...anyway...end tangent. So about my brakes? =P

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-23-2009, 03:32 PM   #42
bonehead

Could be a spot of grease, oil, etc. on the shoe/s. Mine still does it after 3000 miles with my tire change. Still stops perfect. I'm not going to worry about it until I need to pull the rear wheel off again. There are so many things that can make shoes squeal. Now if your braking performance goes south, then I really would pull the rear and give it a look.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:28 PM   #43
diffluere

Nope, I seem to be stopping just fine. Thanks for the input. =)

Old 09-23-2009, 10:48 PM   #44
burkbuilds

diffluere,
Good for you, I like anybody that stands on their own two feet! Earning what you've got makes you really appreciate it a lot more than if somebody just hands it to you. Best wishes on your education, I wish I had taken that route when I was your age instead of doing it at 45 like I am now. What's your major?
Old 09-23-2009, 11:00 PM   #45
New GZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds
diffluere,
Good for you, I like anybody that stands on their own two feet! Earning what you've got makes you really appreciate it a lot more than if somebody just hands it to you. Best wishes on your education, I wish I had taken that route when I was your age instead of doing it at 45 like I am now. What's your major?
While your wishing, I wish I was 45!
:roll:

Old 09-24-2009, 08:24 AM   #46
dannylightning

maybe there was a little man stuck in there and when you hit the breaks he gets smashed and screams.. hahhahahahhahahaha dont mind me, i just woke up..
Old 09-30-2009, 10:53 PM   #47
diffluere

Quote:
What's your major?
Anthropology, with emphasis on forensic anthro. I'm hoping to become one of those crazy people that lives in a lab in a basement somewhere and hangs out with dead people all day. Yay skeletons! Note: it's always good to have something 'weird' about you to make you more easily identifiable. So go out and get a tattoo, gold cap, fake knee, breast implants, etc. just in case you get murdered! =P

It's never too late to go back to school! If you want to learn more about something just enroll in your local community college and take some classes. The comm. college here even has random classes like 'Indian Cuisine' where you just go and learn how to cook Indian food. =)

I love school. Eventually I want to be a college professor in the time between forensic cases.