Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 04-24-2010, 09:56 PM   #31
diffluere

Re: Missing my GZ250...

I think it would be useful to know what psi your tire likes to be at certain times. If you wrote it down, you would know if your tires were WAY off from normal if you randomly decide to take an evening cruise and check them at 6pm vs. only checking them at one time per day, such as in the morning. I always check my tires around 10am before I head to school, so I figure my reading is pretty standard, BUT the tires haven't warmed up in the sun yet and with a high of 85 it's still probably only 74 outside, so my tires will probably go up 1 or 2psi just by sitting at school all afternoon. I only add air if the tire is below 24 (since I have the bigger front tire, I've been riding around with it at 27psi and it seems great, but I can't really tell a difference at 26 or 25.)

Suzi, just stick around and keep asking questions. I feel stupid asking a lot of questions but it's better to look dumb on the internet than do something in real life that gets you crashed/hurt!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-24-2010, 10:07 PM   #32
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziQ07
Yes, yes thank you...I get it...I simply misspoke. Ouch...I gotta get thicker skin to be on this forum. I am just a newbie after all! :roll:
It is difficult to really know how much to "correct".........but better to restate and be sure, I think.

I think you'd be surprised at how many new riders "mistunderstand" even the simplest of concepts and go running off in the wrong direction. :roll:
Old 04-24-2010, 10:12 PM   #33
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffluere
I think it would be useful to know what psi your tire likes to be at certain times.
Yes......but only if you have OCD. :biggrin:
Sorry, couldn't pass that up.

Serioiusly, as important as tire pressures ARE, they really don't have to be that precise.
I only check mine once every 10 days or so and "kick" test them in between times.

Now.....if you have been having a problem, no question that more frequent checks are in order........but once a day is PLENTY.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:48 PM   #34
diffluere

Are you going through every post and responding to all of mine?! =P

I am really beginning to think I have OCD. I start/turn off my motorcycle in the same order:

clutch in, kickstand up, key on, red button (killswitch? i am going braindead today), hit starter. then stop, killswitch off, kickstand down (look at ground to see what's under it!), clutch out, key off. WEIRD.

I also HAVE to check my tire pressure, or I worry about it all the way to school. I think I read too many tire related posts on here. I blame you guys entirely!
Old 04-25-2010, 11:47 AM   #35
Easy Rider

Quote:
I blame you guys entirely!
Yes, "we" are responsible for a LOT of bad things. :skull:
:biggrin:

Old 04-25-2010, 02:34 PM   #36
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Quote:
I blame you guys entirely!
Yes, "we" are responsible for a LOT of bad things. :skull:
:biggrin:
Yes, we are a very responsible lot. Diffluere, you sound like you have all your ducks lined up in a row to make life easier. That is a good thing.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:45 PM   #37
diffluere

Yeah, but those damn ducks don't like to STAY in a row, haha!
Old 04-28-2010, 06:24 AM   #38
BillInGA

Quote:
Are you going through every post and responding to all of mine?! =P

I am really beginning to think I have OCD. I start/turn off my motorcycle in the same order:

clutch in, kickstand up, key on, red button (killswitch? i am going braindead today), hit starter. then stop, killswitch off, kickstand down (look at ground to see what's under it!), clutch out, key off. WEIRD.

I also HAVE to check my tire pressure, or I worry about it all the way to school. I think I read too many tire related posts on here. I blame you guys entirely!
Nothing weird about it IMO. Starting up I use the acronym FINE-C:
F - Fuel selector
I - Ignition switch (key)
N - Neutral
E - Engine kill switch
C - Choke (as needed)

I let the engine warm up while I don my helmet and gloves. When I'm ready to go it's: kickstand up, first gear, high beams.

For stopping, my flow is: verify first gear, low beams, kill switch, ignition switch, kickstand down (verify visually).

I think it's good to have a mental checklist to run through to help keep you out of trouble. For example, I always check the fuel selector even though I "know" I left it in ON last time I rode. There have been a few times when I realized that I had left it in RES after getting gas.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #39
Water Warrior 2

Part of our pre-ride routine is to visually verify that "ALL" the lights work.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:49 PM   #40
Krazy Kraut

Hello!
There is nothing wrong with the 250! I love mine, it's a great starter bike and for inner cities. I dobn't even want to ride my hubby's Honda 750. I regret not getting a bigger bike, due to taking one of my boys as passengers, BUT NO REGRETS on buying it small!!!! Take it easy and ride safe, the riding course is awesome! I have not been on a bike for 16 years and i was kinda scared. The safety course took that away in a heart beat!!!
I also elieve, that the shop pranked you, i would get a second opinion, it's too dangerous (for me)!

Enjoy your ride
:smallrawk: :2tup: