Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 08-26-2010, 09:55 PM   #41
alanmcorcoran

Re: Toying with new bike idea

Glad to see you are contributin' to the Great White North economy!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #42
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
Glad to see you are contributin' to the Great White North economy!
Somebody has to contribute. Most major corporations get major breaks from the government and some are even subsidized when they threaten to pull out of Canada or reduce their work force and cause unemployment. A very strange system with politicians who are not responsible for their actions when the s*it hits the fan.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:21 PM   #43
alanmcorcoran

I'm going to be riding a Honda Saturday in HD's backyard. Hope it doesn't end badly. At least I spent $5.95 on a map at the downtown HD store. BTW, I spent about ten minutes looking at all of the (ahem) merchandise at the "Chicago Harley-Davidson" and not a single other person came into shop nor was anyone in the store other than the girls behind the counter the entire time. Does anyone ever buy an HD piggie bank? or chew toy? or toilet paper? (okay, I didn't actually see that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was available.) Oh, and if you want a motorcycle, they don't actually sell those. One more enterprise that is beyond my comprehension.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:26 AM   #44
Water Warrior 2

What a concept, a H-D store with no bike sales. There might be more of that in the future too. With bike sales dropping many folks just buy the lifestyle and keep an older bike rather than upgrade to a newer bike. It is a lot cheaper to buy a T-shirt or jacket than purchasing a whole bike.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:29 AM   #45
Sarris

The HD dealer in the New Orleans french quarter is that way too. No bikes, just merchandise (junk).

:??:

BTW, I'm keeping my 2006 StreetGlide.

:lol:

Old 08-27-2010, 09:04 AM   #46
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
"All he heard was " I have one more stop to make. " and he threw me out the door.
Sounds to me like he needs to find a different line of work...........and if that attitude continues, it's likely that he will.....sooner rather than later. If he is not also the owner, I think I'd be talking to the owner; might speed up his career change.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:30 AM   #47
mrlmd1

WW - You thinking of trading in your bike for a new one, or try to sell yours on the open market? Probably easier to dump it at the dealer depending on the economics up there now.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:42 PM   #48
Water Warrior 2

The boss/owner who threw me out is shutting down and selling everything to clear it out. Apparently he has had enough with bargain hunters, dolts with stupid questions and folks who are just never satisfied. He did get into the business decades ago b/c it was fun and enjoyable but no joy now. As for another line of work, he doesn't need to work. He made some smart investments over the years in real estate and is worth a bunch.
As for selling the Wee bike I am wavering. It is paid for and still makes me grin. Providing I can get a little help picking it up now and again(once a year)and avoid blowing out my back it is still the cheapest route to take. I may just toss the new bike idea and once a year do some minor repair after a dead drop with the Wee. I can still try to talk Lynda into letting me test ride her bike if I need a cruiser fix once in a while. I'll bet she would even sell me her bike knowing that it would always be available to her at no cost when SHE needed a cruiser fix. The M would be cheaper and already has farkles to make life easier. Hmmm.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:16 PM   #49
oneyunguy

Modern Motorcycle in Vancouver is going bankrupt *(so i have heard), might want to give them a try. My friend has a CT50 and loves it.

As well, there is a 2006 Yamaha 650 vstar for a great price!! its where I got mine in Surrey.
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/m ... 13424.html
Old 09-08-2010, 12:26 AM   #50
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyunguy
Modern Motorcycle in Vancouver is going bankrupt *(so i have heard), might want to give them a try. My friend has a CT50 and loves it.

As well, there is a 2006 Yamaha 650 vstar for a great price!! its where I got mine in Surrey.
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/m ... 13424.html
Modern is where I got tossed out. Just heard a couple days ago that Motorcycle World in Surrey has a better deal than anyone else. The Vstrom will have to do now, went out and bought some new furniture today. Money burns a hole in my pocket.