Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 09-11-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
SuziQ07

New Bike Purchase

Happy day today...I bought a brand new 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan. What a zippy bike with a lot of power! The Vulcan should be better keeping up on the highway. It felt most comfortable to me after spending over 1,000 miles on my 2007 GZ250. Based on some of the recent recommendations on this forum, I knew I was making a good purchase. I was considering the Honda Shadow and the new Harley Davidson Superlow as well. I can not say enough good things about my GZ250 and what a wonderful bike it is to learn on...or to use as an around town commuter. Soon I will have to part with the GZ and sell it...not sure how much people are willing to pay for a blue 2007 GZ250 with 1,900 miles. The first owner dropped the bike so it has a round dent on the tank and a few minor scratches on the tail pipe. I may have better luck selling it in the spring. Overall, my GZ looks better and runs better than when I bought it back in April!
I have truly appreciated all the advice and mentoring on this site. I have learned so much from many of you.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-11-2010, 11:04 PM   #2
Viirin

Re: New Bike Purchase

Congrats on the new bike!

You can still hang around - just because your GZ is going doesn't mean you have to
Old 09-11-2010, 11:06 PM   #3
Water Warrior 2

Congratulations. There is nothing like that new bike smell. You do realize this merits pics of the bike and happy owner in living color.

Old 09-11-2010, 11:19 PM   #4
alanmcorcoran

Happy motoring. You'll be equipped for a wider variety of riding and won't have to fear getting run over in traffic now. You might want to keep the Geezer for around town - they don't fetch much and they are still handy for local trips.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:39 PM   #5
blaine

Congratulations on your new bike.It will give you many miles of pleasure.Good luck.
:2tup: :rawk:

Old 09-12-2010, 05:36 AM   #6
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
You might want to keep the Geezer for around town - they don't fetch much
Saw one yesterday in our local bike shop. 2007, with 3,900km. Twin auxilliary lights, rev counter, ammeter, 1 year warranty, price to include all official paperwork (which carries a 5% book price charge to the government) Good condition. €1,900. (don't know what that is in $$$$ at todays exchange rate) Mine cost €3,000, new in 2007.

edit:- just googled the exchange rate. €1,900 = $2,415.85 (suppose he'd knock the ¢85 off :roll: )
Old 09-12-2010, 05:40 AM   #7
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziQ07
...I bought a brand new 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan. What a zippy bike with a lot of power!
:poorbaby: I tried to get one last year. It's the ideal bike for me too. Sadly, they stopped making the European version in 2008, & I've never seen a second hand one over here.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:18 AM   #8
emory70

local kawasaki dealer has a red 500 vulcan for $5,000. but they also have a used 900 for the same price. hmm... it'd be a hard decision
Old 09-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #9
SuziQ07

Thanks guys, for all the kind words and support! I'm really looking forward to picking up the new Kawasaki Vulcan 500 on Wednesday after work. I think I'll ride it to school this fall to get some miles on it before it has to be put away for winter. I know my middle school students will get a real kick out of seeing their teacher pull in on a motorcycle!
I found the same bike at a shop in Rochester, NY for $4,999.00. Mine was listed for $4,895.00. I managed to talk the sales manager down to $4,500.00 for a clean cash only deal. I even got him to throw in a free oil change/1st service at no charge. I honestly think think he wanted to get this bike off the floor as it's a '09. Kawasaki is no longer making the 500 for 2010...and things remain to be seen for 2011. I think the dealers will know by October 2010 if Kawasaki will even make the bike again.
I really like the New Harley Davidson 883 Superlow...but the price...yikes! And I would have to add a back seat, passenger pegs, handle bar adjustment...and the list goes on and on! This may be false thinking...but from what I read...the Vulcan 500 will keep up with a H-D 883!
The Vulcan was truly impressive on the test drive, and I think it will give me many years of riding pleasure!
I've attached a picture of me with my GZ250 taken this weekend...I will post a picture of the new bike very soon.
Thanks again!
Old 09-12-2010, 12:37 PM   #10
mrlmd1

Good luck with the new bike.
Did you consider trading in the GZ or did the dealer not want it? Sometimes, altho you get a lower price, it's partly offset by less sales tax on the new one, and you don't have the hassle of selling it and expense of insurance and maintenance 'till you do, and all that is worth something.