Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 10-08-2010, 12:10 AM   #21
blaine

Re: It's COLD this morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayuse
Parked by GZ for the season tonight. :sad:

Cheers!
Don't forget some basic storage tips:Top up the fuel tank and add some Stabil.Change the oil and filter,and invest in a Battery Tender.Your bike will thank you in the spring.
:rawk:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-08-2010, 12:16 AM   #22
cayuse

You bet. I'll be putting in the gas & Stabil on the weekend. the rest will follow.

2005 GZ250 (sold after 26000km)
2013 CB500XA
Old 10-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #23
mrlmd1

Oh come on guys - it's just getting nice down here on the Gulf of Mexico. After being 90-95 for the past 2-3 months every day, it's finally cooling off to the 80's (much better for riding with all the gear on) and down to maybe 50's at night. Can finally open the windows and get some air and breeze into the house instead of the AC being on all the time.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:24 PM   #24
dhgeyer

Though it may seem counter intuitive, NH has the highest per capita motorcycle registration rate in the USA. I actually think we in the North have a longer usable riding season than the South. If someone really wants to, they can dress to ride down to at least 20 degrees Fahrenheit, and ride through the Winter comfortably when the roads are clear. I've done it several years. Even if one is not into that extreme, there are a lot of 40 and 50 degree days during the transitional seasons here. With even a modest investment in non-electric clothing, one can ride into November, and start again in March. In the South, where heat is the problem, there's no way to dress for that when it gets over the high 80's, especially if one wants to wear safe gear.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #25
Sarris

Since I'm not an ATGATT kind of guy, I ride all year round, from 40 degrees to 98 degrees......... I miss about 10 days per year, if it gets really cold.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:29 PM   #26
blaine

A lot of people around here have their bikes put away already.I ride till the snow flys.Last year rode till the second week of November,was back out the second week of March.

:cool:

Old 10-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #27
Water Warrior 2

Lynda's M-50 is sleeping now for the next 3 or 4 months. The Vstrom is ready to go anytime I want. The determining factor is the rider to get all geared up with heated gear and where to go. I could probably ride anywhere anytime with studded tires and the ambition to do so.
My friend Don with the 2 wheel drive Ural side car rig rides everyday no matter what. Recently he added a canva cover around the engine to capture heat to keep himself warmer. Air ducting still cools the engine and as a bonus he never gets wet in the rain.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:42 PM   #28
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris
Since I'm not an ATGATT kind of guy, I ride all year round, from 40 degrees to 98 degrees......... I miss about 10 days per year, if it gets really cold.

Yea but what about us that live in places where it gets above 98 and below 40, i think dhgeyer is right, people up north, probably have a longer "comfortable" riding season then people that live in a place like I do have, but... I can ride my motorcycle all year round with little to no expense on gear, every once in a blue moon in the winter here it will get all icy and shit, and I obviously can't ride in that, but other than that, the heat is worse than any cold winter we have here.

I have to forgo ATGATT roughly around June, and am just now starting to gear back up again. So I am actually forced to be a non-ATGATT kind of guy sometimes.