Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 06-08-2011, 05:36 PM   #11
burkbuilds

Re: Before I Forget

You always have great outdoor pics, so I'm guessing that even your Mall pics would be worth viewing. Hope you are having a great day riding. :2tup:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-25-2011, 05:03 AM   #12
Water Warrior 2

I am back from my wee excursion into the so-called sunny weather of Alberta. Left on Wednesday and arrived Friday as planned. Only wore my rainsuit 2 out of 3 days going there. The weekend was hot and muggy with a promise of rain Monday when I was going to temp Fate and return home via another route. Humbug, spent the next 8 days roaming around Edmonton in a borrowed car while the rain came down in buckets. Left the 9th day in the rain and spent 4 days wearing my rainsuit 95% of the time.
I don't like rain I don't like rain I don't like rain I don't like rain. But not all was lost. Had a good long visit with my friend and she is feeling a bit better but won't be returning to work for quite some time however. Gotta love Income Replacement Insurance.
Snapped a few good pics and a lot more bad ones that will be deleted soonest. Will post pics that are presentable though.

So I have come to the conclusion that I should only wear heated gear and a rainsuit on future rides. Shoulda packed the heated gear but figured I wouldn't need it. Uh huh. 11C(52F) is cold without heat and this is with the sun shining every now and again. I am surprised there wasn't snow falling in some of the mountain passes.
Okay, enough sniveling WW. What the heck, I was riding not driving.................right ?? The bike...............worked like a champ. The Wee Strom performed better than ever and handled the new gearing very well. If only the rider performed as well. LOL. Will work out my MPG after I fill it up in a couple days. Time to go search for decent pics.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:09 PM   #13
burkbuilds

Glad you got back safely and had a good visit with your friend. Sorry it rained so much on you, that's a bummer. Looking forward to your pictures.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #14
alanmcorcoran

Wow. Feel a little guilty now about my nine day rain free CA ride-about last August. Guess there's a reason people still live here after all. probably be sunny and warm now that you are home again.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:42 AM   #15
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
probably be sunny and warm now that you are home again.
Was a beautiful day here. Tomorrow will be the start to another wet spell. Went for a short ride to gas up and figured out my MPG.
62.34 MPG(49.87 U.S.) isn't too bad for a bike that is so aerodynamically challenged.