Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 04-25-2012, 02:29 PM   #11
AndrewGZ250_02

Re: Newest owner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmaul
I like the Marauder emblems on the sides.
I do very much like the emblems, and the GeeZer is great so far!

I was recommended to get this -or a Virago- as my first bike, by an old motorcycle guru, who has owned eleven motorcycles in his time, convincing me to stay away from a Ninja and other sport-bikes. The GeeZer has great visibility, a smooth ride thanks to an up-right position, and suspension. It handles really well on the dirt roads near me. I can also look forward to taking a girl or two for trips through the country! It has -so far- been a lot of fun to work on and learn about bikes with, and I can't wait to test the seat during a long trip.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-25-2012, 08:45 PM   #12
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGZ250_02
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmaul
I like the Marauder emblems on the sides.
I do very much like the emblems, and the GeeZer is great so far!

I was recommended to get this -or a Virago- as my first bike, by an old motorcycle guru, who has owned eleven motorcycles in his time, convincing me to stay away from a Ninja and other sport-bikes. The GeeZer has great visibility, a smooth ride thanks to an up-right position, and suspension. It handles really well on the dirt roads near me. I can also look forward to taking a girl or two for trips through the country! It has -so far- been a lot of fun to work on and learn about bikes with, and I can't wait to test the seat during a long trip.
Please be patient and gain some skills and saddle time before carrying a passenger. It is a whole new ball game with 2 bodies on a bike. I will make this suggestion. Wait till next season before having a passenger, you need to be experienced with the bike yourself. Never forget that you are responsible for the safety of your passenger and yourself.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #13
bpdchief

WOW what an amazing bike... and the Black one are really fast (second only to the 2007 BLUE ones like mine).

Yes, be patient Grasshopper... get some saddle time before you attempt two up and when your ready to try it - get a buddy with quick reflexes to practice with you. I don't think the pillion is long enough to get two girls on at the same time, but, good luck with that!!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #14
AndrewGZ250_02

LOL I only meant one girl at a time, I'll have to leave the others at home..

Yes I will wait before I take passengers, besides, with only my Canadian M1, it is illegal for me to carry one. Having been one myself I know how sluggish a bike can become, and if the passenger doesn't lean with you, you can be caught off guard.

Thanks for the compliment mate!