Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > GZ250 Media

Old 09-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #11
Wigginton49

Re: cafe cruiser

Hey I have to know what all you did that looks awesome i have been trying to do the same thing for months????

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-10-2012, 10:14 PM   #12
CourtLechter

Fantastic looking bike!! Where did you get the seat? How is riding without a front fender?
Old 09-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #13
northsidegz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtLechter
How is riding without a front fender?
Others may have an opinion, but my first bike was bobbed by the previous owner. I thought the lack of front fender looked cool. That is until I rode my bike (on a beautiful day mind you) and my neighbor was washing his car. No big deal, right? Except I rode over the water that was running off onto the street (which, still, you think no big deal) and then proceeded to have my face completely sprayed by the front tire driving over that water! Doh!!! :oops:

Fenders serve a purpose. Even on a beautiful day.

I'm not a fan of the big fat "classic" looking front fender (like what the GZ has). But I definitely will always have a fender now after that experience. I also experienced tiny rocks flinging up at my face (rarely, but a few times). So, I've definitely seen a difference in my experience between "with" and "without" a front fender. But, again, others may have a different opinion.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #14
Water Warrior 2

Riding without a front fender brings back memories. But only concerning bicycles as a kid. I got dirtier and wetter as did the bike itself. There was one side benefit though, there was less wind resistance from the front fender scooping air so I could go faster.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #15
winsmiles

Sorry for the delay in responding-been working way too hard(not on my bikes unfortunately)!Basically I removed as much as possible from the bike and cut the frame behind the rear shocks.Bought a fibreglass seat pan off Craigslist,and after painting it,used some sticky back foam from Airtech.Had a local body shop make a frame with tabs-to attach the tailight,signals etc.They welded this to the existing frame-see photos-I attached the seat pan to this elevated frame with 1/2 inch conduit clamps(available from any hardware store).I still need to reattach the front fender,which I will do after trimming it down.Don't like things like water,oil,rocks etc.flying up at me-even though I wear a full-face helmet!Nick.