Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 06-17-2008, 06:33 PM   #1
hippybilly

Hey Ya all, my name is Hippybilly

I just got a 2002 GZ250, 3,000 miles on yesterday. I found out yesterday that I'm darn sure a new rider. I've never owned a bike but rode several, I thought, till I rode this one home yesteday. I was shakin like a dog crappin razor blades when I got to the house. I got to thinkin, and I don't guess I been on a bike in almost 35 years. I think what was freakin me out was the bike was so light compared to others I've rode and with all the curves and hills here in these Missouri Ozarks, I just didn't feel like my but was glued to the road none to rightous. That and I'm on my third artificial hip, full of plates and screws and I might have been worried what was goin to happen to what body I have left if a deer was to jump out or a dog come out to drag race with me. The dog thing is very common here. I guess the noise bothers them or they just get to thinkin they're pretty fast. Anyway, I made it home. I have to go get it tagged and take my drivers test for a bike. I'm a disabled vet and live on a disability check so I'll probably be waitin till the first of the month to get things done and legal. I was lookin for manuals when I came across this site. I like to have manuals on anything I own so I can take care of them and fix them. I'm good on old SB Chevy hot rods, but will have to learn about the bike. Nice to meet you all and I'll warn you now that I mess up alot on computers. I don't think full blooded hillbillys were meant to use computers cause we shore mess up alot. SO if I post something and then it jumps sideways on me and goes to the wrong spot, I preapologize up front. You all take care, Hippybilly I a musician and guitar mechanic if I can help anybody out with things like that too. :rawk:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-17-2008, 07:48 PM   #2
5th_bike

Hey Hippy welcome to the GZ forum, your style reminds me of my good old colleague Chuck, he is a disabled veteran too and he was a sniper in 'Nam back then. I am a new import American, originally from the Netherlands (Holland) where I went around and tinkered on mopeds when I was young (a loooong time ago).

You know, for another road feel you can adjust the springs tighter or less tight, please refer to the manual that you can download I think at the 'maintenance' threads.

Congratulations on your bike and happy riding ! :rawk:
Old 06-17-2008, 09:18 PM   #3
hippybilly

Thanks For The Welcome

I'm just what I am and after almost 50 years I still ain't figured me out either. The thing about the bike that bothered me, and this will sound crazy, is when I turn the handle bars from side to side, I wish there was more resistance. Almost like it turns too easy. I know it's just me but that's just how it feels to me. The bike is like new and I know there's nothing wrong with it. When I was 12, 13, 14 somewhere in there I traded for a 350 Honda and I kicked and kicked and kicked and the neighbor boys even kicked on it a lot too and it never did start. One day we were kicking on it and the sparkplug came flying out. That was my first adventure with a heli coil. It stripped it out slicker than a gut. We heli coiled it and got the plug back in and hooked it on behind the truck and down the road we went. I live down in the holler and we were going down a hill and the guy driving the truck slowed down on me too quick and the rope went slack and my front wheel rolled over it and then about that time he noticed that the rope had went slack and decided to take the slack back out of it and down me and the bike went with him a draggin us. Man that hurt. I never did get it going. But I had a motorcycle once and that was it. This one is the first one I ever owned that runs by itself. It's not got much zip. It's been sittin most of the winter I think and the gas smells a little old. I think I'll take and hose it out and put new super unleaded back in it. I may have to go to the bank and get a loan to super unleaded the way things are gettin. We pay $3.79 here for it. I live 40 miles west of Branson. I never go there and really don't want to. Too many people from everywhere else. Thanks again for the welcome. I've already downloaded the manual. That's what brought me to this site to start with. Saved a big chunk of money not having to buy them. I love tech manuals of any kind. Hippybilly

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-19-2008, 04:31 PM   #4
Littlethumper

Welcome aboard hippyb!!!

Drive safe...