Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 06-03-2008, 04:05 PM   #41
Orpheus

I ran mine completely out a couple of weeks ago, and I was at about 260-270 miles on that tank. I'd been riding 2-up with my girlfriend on a day trip the day before, so I'm sure that affected the mpg, but that works out to right around 70mpg. I usually just fill it up at around 200 miles and don't pay much attention to the mpg.

On an interesting side note, there are grocery stores around here (Tempe, AZ) that offer front-row parking for hybrid cars, which get (roughly) half to two-thirds the mpg that we get on our 250's. I wonder if anyone would complain if one of us were to park there?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-03-2008, 07:32 PM   #42
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
On an interesting side note, there are grocery stores around here (Tempe, AZ) that offer front-row parking for hybrid cars, which get (roughly) half to two-thirds the mpg that we get on our 250's. I wonder if anyone would complain if one of us were to park there?
In this area, most box stores and markets that have a lot of sidewalk space don't usually have a big issue with bikes parking there. I've done this many times around police and store personnel and have never gotten a second look. I think the thing to do is not block the sidewalk, park far enough away that it doesn't piss off car-drivers thinking you're taking advantage and don't group up 4 or more bikes together making it look "intimidating" to the public.

Also, if anyone ever said anything to me about it, I'd happily move and probably apologize.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:46 PM   #43
Sarris

MPG

I'm 6'-1" and weigh about 280 lbs and I average 72 to 75 MPG consistantly. That beats the hell outta my Scion XB!
This baby only gets about 32 MPG w/ auto & air. Cars SUCK! :lol:

Old 06-04-2008, 02:25 AM   #44
Orpheus

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
In this area, most box stores and markets that have a lot of sidewalk space don't usually have a big issue with bikes parking there. I've done this many times around police and store personnel and have never gotten a second look. I think the thing to do is not block the sidewalk, park far enough away that it doesn't piss off car-drivers thinking you're taking advantage and don't group up 4 or more bikes together making it look "intimidating" to the public.

Also, if anyone ever said anything to me about it, I'd happily move and probably apologize.
Yeah, pretty much the same here. Although it's pretty rare, you'll find some stores that have front-row motorcycle parking (even closer than handicapped spots), and Arizona State University has really nice parking spots for motorcycles and scooters.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:21 PM   #45
davtnn

Just went and picked up my new GZ at the dealers today...rode it home and got 68 mpg... not bad for right out of the crate

Old 06-21-2008, 08:59 AM   #46
Littlethumper

Don't ya all just wish that summer stays longer than winter?
So we can ride the bike more than our cars that sucks gas

Drive safe...
Old 06-21-2008, 01:44 PM   #47
bigwonton

So far, my first two tanks have netted me 64.5 and 64.9 MPG - not alot of statistical significance, but I hope it holds.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:22 PM   #48
Sarris

Mileage

My mileage went up to well over 70 mpg after about a 3000 mile factory spec break in. I average 72 to 75 mpg unless I run the crap out of it. Most of my drivng is 45 to 55 mph.

So it gets better!

Old 08-17-2008, 12:56 AM   #49
twigginton

MPG

I have 900+ miles on my new GZ and have gotten between 65 and 70 mpg between fillups. I do about a 15 mile commute to work each day with 10 of those miles on the highway running between 55 and 60 mph. I am finding it hard to get over 65 mph as there are a couple of long hills on my commute route. My weight is 200#.

My question is , if I lost 20 to 30 pounds, which I need to do anyway would I see much of an improvement in my top end speed?

Also, what about the 10% ethanol that is in all the gas nowdays, could that be causing a reduction in MPG? :??:
Old 08-17-2008, 01:27 AM   #50
primal

Send a message via AIM to primal
I think riding style and the individual bike make more of a difference in MPG than the ethanol in gasoline since many people report fuel efficiency in the mid-70s and even low-80s with standard gas.