Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 01-29-2014, 08:11 PM   #1
grasshopper

New experince. Lite Reading

We finally got a small share of the snow and ice last night that did not melt right away. My nephew landen celebrating his 12th birthday has an idea to ride his dirt bike in the snow. He ask me if I wanted to go ride with him. The snow only being 2 inches I think to myself that I have never done that before so I tell him sure lets get our gear on and give it a try. My son (Cb 8 years old) goes out with us as we get the bikes out of the shop and get them warmed up.
None of us have ever did this before so we take off slowly. Cb taking the lead as we ride the mile long trail we made along the woodline a couple of years ago. Landen rides behind him and I behind landen. Our back wheels would tend to slide a little more in the turns than usual. After a few trips on the trail Cb was ready to go back inside. He had fun but was getting too cold to fast. Landen and I rode over to a pit in the middle of a field my friend owns and proceeded to do some small jumps and donuts. Having a great time we race up and down the trail again a little faster than last time. This time I really caught a turn too fast and slid out busting my front brake lever and popping the chain off.
Muddy and wet I had to roll the bike back to the house and changed my clothes. It was all too funny to landen. I went into the shop and found an old brake lever and put it on the bike and fixed the chain. Good thing I save old parts. Having so much fun we went out for another round on the trail and in the pit. Finally getting way too cold we decided to go home. All in all it was a great new experience for all of us from one simple idea.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-30-2014, 09:36 AM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Off road riding is the most fun you have with your clothes on.