Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 02-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #11
Water Warrior 2

Re: Moving on

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds
Bikes are different, but the basic experience of riding is the same no matter what brand you are on.
Fully agree. It's not what you ride, it's the fact that you ride.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-24-2013, 11:16 PM   #12
Carolina0219

Re: Moving on

Agreed. I loved the GZ. I don't think there is a better starter bike out there. I was happy to see someone snatched up mine in under a week. I know they will love it.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:36 PM   #13
cayuse

Moving on, too.

Just 2 weeks ago me and my trusty GZ traveled out to Winthrop WA and back on a beautiful early summer day. Weather was perfect and the 250 pulled like a hero climbing the mountains East of Diablo Lake. I have never pushed her so hard and she never complained. I am so impressed.
Here she is climbing back home going West just under the Early Winter Spires South. Those peaks must be 1000 ft above us. Spectacular place.

DSCF3158

Alas, that was our last trip together. Not long after a post-expedition cleanup (lots of bugs in central Washington this time of year) I managed to find her a good home across town.

Now, I'm riding a brand new 2013 Honda CB500XA and dreaming of more distant horizons, but I'll never forget my first bike and how she served so well. I'm not leaving this board though; this group has been so helpful with maintenance, upgrade advice and lots of basic riding wisdom. Maybe I can contribute to help out another GZ rider.

Cheers, Cayuse

2005 GZ250 (sold after 26000km)
2013 CB500XA

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-10-2014, 02:16 AM   #14
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayuse View Post
Just 2 weeks ago me and my trusty GZ traveled out to Winthrop WA and back on a beautiful early summer day. Weather was perfect and the 250 pulled like a hero climbing the mountains East of Diablo Lake. I have never pushed her so hard and she never complained. I am so impressed.
Here she is climbing back home going West just under the Early Winter Spires South. Those peaks must be 1000 ft above us. Spectacular place.

DSCF3158

Alas, that was our last trip together. Not long after a post-expedition cleanup (lots of bugs in central Washington this time of year) I managed to find her a good home across town.

Now, I'm riding a brand new 2013 Honda CB500XA and dreaming of more distant horizons, but I'll never forget my first bike and how she served so well. I'm not leaving this board though; this group has been so helpful with maintenance, upgrade advice and lots of basic riding wisdom. Maybe I can contribute to help out another GZ rider.

Cheers, Cayuse
We were in Winthrop 5 years ago. Absolutely beautiful town. Gotta T-shirt too.
I think we would all be interested in a ride report about your new honda. I think the new generation of smaller bikes such as yours are a good buy and should be a satisfying ride.