Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 12-15-2016, 10:48 PM   #1
raider007

start questions

i everyone.....on starting I noticed there are some alternate views on this....but is this correct..1) fuel on 2) choke lever full - towards you 3) kill switch off 4) gear neutral 5) clutch lever held in 6) bike not with kick stand down. 7) no throttle 8) key on 9) push start button........allow to warm up slowly ...release clutch lever...slowly open choke - pushing lever away from you in stages slowly .-.until completely open...allow a few more minutes ...good to go .... and it won't start with the side kick stand down...or without the clutch lever in...is this fully correct ....you can not start this bike while its resting on its kick stand ...just checking ty :-) cheers phil

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-16-2016, 12:20 AM   #2
Vegas Street Rider

You can start the bike with the kickstand down and the clutch held in and then release. The bike has to be in neutral gear though. If you put the bike into gear even with the clutch held in, it will die.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:30 AM   #3
raider007

Thanks .......I thought you could start it on the stand ...just had to check .....because as you know not all bikes have the same feature....I was also trying to think back when I had bikes from 80 70 60 what safety features they had and I don't recall the ignition hotwire one or the clutch lever and kick lever all being in 1 bike ......but thanks mate :-) cheers

Old 12-16-2016, 07:24 AM   #4
alantf

note.... 1) fuel on. There is no fuel off. With the long side of the fuel switch pointing forwards, fuel only flows when there is suction from the engine, so should be left in this position all the time....except if you need to prime the carb, when the lever should be pointing down to allow fuel to flow to the carb...then when the carb is primed, move the lever forward. Do not leave it in prime. You shouldn't need to move the lever unless the carb is empty, i.e. if the bike has been standing for a long time.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:21 AM   #5
Vegas Street Rider

Good point altantf.

Old 12-16-2016, 11:50 PM   #6
raider007

We are in synchronization..... I was just reading about the Carb and tank .....I was wondering if the tank had internal seperated tanks as some do ....or internal mounted tubes at 2 different heights....some do......or the tap has differing health pickups as this one does .....which I like best ..and each has filtered screens ....but I noticed the zero off position in the book and part.....because I only tried to test the Carb so far I only put in like 1litre of fuel and allowing air out of the line I plugged the line back on the carbi with it pouring out..so I left it in that position....that's when I noticed the Carb allowed overfill to pour out down the base of rear frame...so I knew I had a float needle issue at least... but thanks for the reminder on prime setting and suction running setting.. ty cheers phil