Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 07-30-2008, 02:48 PM   #21
rexolio

Send a message via AIM to rexolio Send a message via Yahoo to rexolio
Good to know, Easy Rider. Thanks!
Owner of 2006 GZ250 since June 2008 - Yup, I'm a newbie!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-31-2008, 03:11 PM   #22
johnsandlin

Good to see another Atlanta rider. I also got my bike at WOW last November. It's a 2000 GZ that came with all the goodies like a windshield, sissybar/bagage rack and Suzuki saddle bags (which replaced with larger Saddleman bags). I love my GZ and ride almost daily on it. The windshield makes a big difference when riding in the rain and if you have to ride the freeways for any time. Purchased a Frogg Tog rain suit from WOW several weeks ago. Worked really good on my last ride in the rain over to Athens (my daughters at UGA). Since your just up the road in Woodstock, we'll have to grab lunch one day and compare notes.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:25 PM   #23
rexolio

Send a message via AIM to rexolio Send a message via Yahoo to rexolio
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsandlin
Good to see another Atlanta rider. I also got my bike at WOW last November. It's a 2000 GZ that came with all the goodies like a windshield, sissybar/bagage rack and Suzuki saddle bags (which replaced with larger Saddleman bags). I love my GZ and ride almost daily on it. The windshield makes a big difference when riding in the rain and if you have to ride the freeways for any time. Purchased a Frogg Tog rain suit from WOW several weeks ago. Worked really good on my last ride in the rain over to Athens (my daughters at UGA). Since your just up the road in Woodstock, we'll have to grab lunch one day and compare notes.
Hi John - lunch would be cool. I work in Marietta off of Windy Hill & I75.

Man, you lucked out with all the bells & whistles! I'm going to have to piece it all together slowly - pickup up some saddlebags today and some frogg toggs (and looks like I'll def need it on the way home!!!)
Owner of 2006 GZ250 since June 2008 - Yup, I'm a newbie!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-05-2008, 06:07 PM   #24
johnsandlin

Sounds like a plan...maybe in a few weeks once things settle down a little. I teach computers part time at St. Joseph Catholic Middle School behind Kennestone hospital. Classes are starting up again next week.

You can take a look at my windshield...it's a Memphis Shades Slim version. I like it, especially when riding in the rain and on the freeway. I picked up some Saddleman bags at WOW for around $140. They work great and hold a fair amount of stuff. Good part is they also have straps with locks to make it less inviting.

Ride safe...Atlanta is bad for drivers that are focused on cell phone conversations and not the road.