Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 07-26-2008, 07:24 PM   #1
Graydog

Plugged those exhaust holes

I plugged those holes the previous owner drilled in the exhaust. Big difference in horse power. I think I read here that MPG should improve also. Hope so....I've only been getting 52-54 MPG and that is easy side road riding mixed with very little city driving. (City...did I say city! I'm used to Houston where we have apt. complexes with higher populations than were I live now!)

One thing...On my first ride after plugging the holes the bike missed some on take off. Gradually it has almost corrected itself now and take offs are smooth. Do I need to readjust the jets? And if so can I do it or should I have a shop do it? I have no idea how to do it.
Thanks,

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-26-2008, 08:16 PM   #2
Sarris

Holes

The previous owner probably did not change the jets or do any carb mods (most don't). I'd leave it and see if the missing subsides as its may be just a carbon build up from running lean w/ the muffler holes or perhaps a worn out spark plug. Wind it out for a few days and see if that makes it go away before you have it looked at. If you use gas without ethanol, you'll probably get into the 68 to 72 mpg range with conservative driving. It's about 6 +/- mpg lower w/ 10 percent ethanol.