Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 08-06-2008, 10:11 AM   #1
breeze

New GZ Owner From NC

Hi y'all. I bought a GZ for my wife to learn on. I have an M50. She wanted to give it a try, so we took the MSF course together and after passing, she surprised me with her endorsement. I got her an '02 w/ 4k miles on it that was in pretty good shape, albeit w/ a few issues. The wheels had been replaced with 18" front and rear. The front disc spacing is different and that caused some caliper problems. The front wheel would not free roll well because the pads were binding up. I cured that problem, but I had to tap the caliper mounts because they were stripped. Snce the stock rear is a 15" and the new one is an 18", the chain was lengthened and the axle is at the back of the adjustment range to accomodate suspension travel with the taller tire (the front of the fender would rub when compressed). I think the first owner must have been a little tall. I bought it from the second owner who got it for his wife and she never rode it. Anyway, now my wife wants it to sit lower. Fortunately, the original wheels were included in the deal. I went to change out the rear last night and found that I will need an original hub and probably spacers too. I am going to order these items today as well as front wheel spacers and a new rear sprocket. I have been surfing this forum since we bought the GZ a couple of weeks ago. There is a lot of good info here.
I will be doing some performance mods after I get the wheels taken care of. There will soon be a set of 18's for sale
Here is a link to the Craigs list add w/pics of the bike

2002 Suzuki GZ250

Breeze

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-06-2008, 10:33 AM   #2
music man

Welcome to the forum! I like the handlebars you have on it, the exhaust is kinda cool too, A little long but cool.

Later
Old 08-06-2008, 11:33 AM   #3
Sarris

Hey

Welcome brother & sister.

Nice looking bike. I love the exhaust and wheels. It's a shame you can't gt them to work properly as most of us would die to have mags in lieu of spokes. Keep us posted on your progress.

Y'all ride safe.

Login or Register to Remove Ads