Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 05-17-2009, 02:02 AM   #1
BusyWeb

From inside Tent (Bass Lake - the way to the Yosemite)

Hello, there....

I'm writing this post from inside tent, Bass Lake which is just bellow the Yosemite National Park.
I was planned to stay at the campground around the Yosemite, but it was too late to get there.
I asked any other campgrounds to the local at the Oakhurst, and now I'm here.
When I was here it was about 8 pm...(I had to spend couple of hours to find this nice campping ground >>>> Internet is on... ha ha ha inside forest)
So the time is late, can't see around and dark as black pitch, I couldn't make my camp dinner this time, but bought some.
I tried to capture a photo from my mini laptop computer...

Today, the temperature was so high, I had to take many timss of rest...
And, I got little tired, so skipping night sky view tonight....
I have to get up early tomorrow to view Yosemite and to back home >>> time is so tight, um I may have to spend time alot on the road tommow...
And, couldn't take many photos, maybe tomorrow at Yosemite park..

Here, Bass Lake, out....11:00 PM

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-17-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
Moedad

Re: From inside Tent (Bass Lake - the way to the Yosemite)

I LOVE Yosemite!! I'm looking forward to the rest of your report, Busy. Right about now if you're on Hwy 99 somewhere south of Fresno and north of Grapevine, it's gotta be HOT! If you left Yosemite Valley now(5:15 pm), you'll still get residual heat coming back down Hwy 99, but if you wait longer for cooler temps, you'll get home really late. What will Busy do? I think he'll get home really late!
Old 05-17-2009, 11:19 PM   #3
BusyWeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedad
I LOVE Yosemite!! I'm looking forward to the rest of your report, Busy. Right about now if you're on Hwy 99 somewhere south of Fresno and north of Grapevine, it's gotta be HOT! If you left Yosemite Valley now(5:15 pm), you'll still get residual heat coming back down Hwy 99, but if you wait longer for cooler temps, you'll get home really late. What will Busy do? I think he'll get home really late!
Hi, Mr. Moedad.
I'm here at home.... ha ha ha (8 PM)
And having my special dinner; washed, laundary, and lubing bike chain, and etc...
Yes, I thought that I would be at home about mid-night.
But, I changed my mind.
Gotup at 6:30 AM, visiting Yosemite .... and skipped to visit Half-Dome this time.
Wanted back home earlier..... hewwww.
On the way home, I guess that I was inside hot-tub... I drank alot of water and some cold tea...
But, here I am safely.
Let me post some more photos tomorrow,,, I'm too tired to get anything else.
Just want to watch a movie and sleep....

Thanks

BTW, I changed my tires with cruise type, yes, it works really well on the highway....
Let me report this also tomorrow.

Old 05-18-2009, 03:11 AM   #4
BusyWeb

Photos from ride...
Panorama photos are not ready yet.....
But let me attach one of them...

Picasa Album Link
http://picasaweb.google.com/busyweb/Yosemite#slideshow

Picasa Slide Show
[picasa=busyweb:1t70l280]5337040402735426737[/picasa:1t70l280]
Old 05-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #5
Moedad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyWeb
Hi, Mr. Moedad.
I'm here at home.... ha ha ha (8 PM)
And having my special dinner; washed, laundary, and lubing bike chain, and etc...
Yes, I thought that I would be at home about mid-night.
But, I changed my mind.
Gotup at 6:30 AM, visiting Yosemite .... and skipped to visit Half-Dome this time.
Wanted back home earlier..... hewwww.
On the way home, I guess that I was inside hot-tub... I drank alot of water and some cold tea...
But, here I am safely.
Let me post some more photos tomorrow,,, I'm too tired to get anything else.
Just want to watch a movie and sleep....

Thanks

BTW, I changed my tires with cruise type, yes, it works really well on the highway....
Let me report this also tomorrow.
Ha! You fooled me, Busy! I thought for sure you'd stick around Yosemite until later and then have an epic ride back home. How was the traffic between Magic Mountain and home? At least you don't have to fight the traffic all the way though Los Angeles to Orange County like me.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:34 PM   #6
Water Warrior 2

Beautiful pic of the mountain reflecting on the water. You have a good eye for photography
Old 05-19-2009, 01:30 AM   #7
BusyWeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Beautiful pic of the mountain reflecting on the water. You have a good eye for photography
Thanks, Mr. WW.
Frankly, I like comments that you made it.... ha ha ha..
I think that I'm getting like taking ride-photos too.

Here is some more panorama photos that I had. (not very good and same scenes with different views that I tried...)

http://picasaweb.google.com/busyweb/Yos ... 7229386946

[picasa=busyweb:lra543pd]5337386388394936049[/picasa:lra543pd]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedad
Ha! You fooled me, Busy! I thought for sure you'd stick around Yosemite until later and then have an epic ride back home. How was the traffic between Magic Mountain and home? At least you don't have to fight the traffic all the way though Los Angeles to Orange County like me.
Hi, Mr. Moedad!.
Yes, one of the reason that I had left Yosemite earlier is that I expected some trafic congestion if I leave late afternoon.
Because, I saw a lot of tourists this weekend around parks....
And, I have some strange habbit when I passing the I5 at the Pyramid Lake.
I tried to lean my upper body whenever I pass there, as I had some gust wind and scared moments with old tires....
So, even though there are not much winds at the road, I usually lean my body behind windscreen espeically around Pyramid Lake area.
Ha ha ha, I don't know why..........^^;

Some stories about this weekend..
1. Yosemite Park road riding was a really fantastic experience, good for the bikes and there were many of them when I was.
Good road condition, nice weather condition compare to the inland, do not need to speed but crusing the bike, friendly CAGE riders to the bike >>> ha ha ha, and beautiful sceneries....
Felt that roads are just for the bikers.
2. This weekend, I had both hands ankle problems... ha ha ha
Left hand >>> too many bikers to be crossed >> I had to shake to everyone I met them.... ha ha ha
Right hand >>> I may need to consider to have some throttle locker for the long highway riding...
3. I found that Girls with HD are so CUTE.... ha ha ha.
About the time when I left Yosemite, I met 3 girls with HD. And felt that it's very cute.
They seems about late 20 to early 40; hard to guess because they did not off the helmets.
Anyway, I admire the girls with bike....
4. To tour Yosemite, I think that get some extra time to enjoy, at least 3-4 days might be needed to tour just visiting and view seneries.
If want to have some trail walks or climb famous mountains, a week may not enough.
5. At this season, if want to camp at the Yosemite park, check availability before with internet reservation site.
I think that most of them are already full in this year summer. um....if lucky, couple may available.
6. Don't ask me about weather conditions at the road......
Too hot to continue over an hour riding, prepare and drink some cold one.... if you are in similar conditions.
In couple of minutes, the cold drink from refrigerator went warm under the shadow.
Get some Baby-Wipes; I usaually take them when riding; to clean sweat.
And pour cold water on wipes and use as needed.
The way at home, I had to put some water on the shirts that kept me cool feeling some when riding.
7. There are some more... ..
* At the Yosemite, if you are rich try to rent Model-T (original, you may see them in my photos).
It's a beautiful car, and 400 for the day to use at the park... ha ha ha
* At the Yosemite Vilige Parking Lot, there are spots for the only Bikes. ha ha ha
I luckly spotted them and used it.
aha, the bike tire type experience.
* Sports Type Tires:
really good for the Canyon riding or twisties
it wear out faster with long highway riding at the center of the tire. (not evenly wears)
require more leaning at the curve >>> not good for the highway with high speed
* Cruise Type Tires:
it seems doing its job on the highway, really comfortable feeling.
better shock absorber
less wearing with long distance riding
require less leaning or counter-steering, as these types are looks more rounded shape at the center. >> just little bit of body movements was enough to turn bike at the corner.
BUT, it gives little more wider diameter(circle) to make u-turn or turn

It was a really nice trip, and recommend it for the any bikers.
Thanks

Where do I go for the this long weekend???? ha ha ha
Old 05-19-2009, 07:50 PM   #8
Moedad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyWeb
Where do I go for the this long weekend???? ha ha ha
Here's a suggestion for you, Busy. Ride into Kings Canyon National Park either from the west on Hwy 180 (Go up Hwy 99 to Hwy 63 and then take 63 north to 180) or enter Kings Canyon through Sequoia National Park (you've been there and know how twisted that road is). The best thing about Kings Canyon is it has big sequoias and a much more traffic-free, twisty road down into Cedar Grove where reservations are NOT required for the campgrounds. It's very much like Yosemite. The scenery isn't as spectaclular, but it has a big river and waterfalls and a big meadow area at the end of the road past Cedar Grove. It's definitely worth a trip. Might be a little chilly in your fleece sleeping bag if the weather turns cool like they say it will. No gas station at the bottom of Cedar Grove though so get gas in Squaw Valley before you start up the mountain or in Grant Grove after you enter the park.