Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 07-31-2009, 03:16 AM   #1
YoungRider2010

New GZ250 Owner!!!

Im 17 years old and will be turning 18 this November. I bought my first motorcycle today. Its a 2005 GZ250 with 3000 miles on it! I'm gonna be using it for recreaction and transport to and from school. I knew waiting on tables since I was 15 would pay off eventually! I think its gonna be perfect since my parents are restricting me to less busy roads, back country roads, and slightly lower speeds. Atleast while i'm still learning. Excited to get out on the roads. I am registered for ABATE saftey courses this october. Its a black bike. I'll have to post pictures as soon as I can!!! :2tup:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-31-2009, 04:39 AM   #2
alanmcorcoran

Re: New GZ250 Owner!!!

Welcome to the forum. I think most of us on here are quite a few years older but we all have one thing in common: motorcycles = fun. I'm sure I will not be the first to say this, but take your time, practice and try to resist the urge to push the envelope. You have a lot of years ahead of you and you'll enjoy them a lot more with all of your parts working. I think your folks are both brave and have the right idea. Ask them to buy you a copy of Proficient Motorcycling (David Hough).

And enjoy your new bike!
Old 07-31-2009, 06:58 AM   #3
bonehead

Welcome and enjoy the forum. Listen to the instructors. Remember, we all want a young rider to become an old rider.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:25 AM   #4
YoungRider2010

Thanks guys! I do tend to lean more towards slower speeds as it is with other things like atv and such that I have drivin. I plan to stick to the kneiborhood roads and thanks to the fact that I live way out in the country I can ride some roads that barely ever see any traffic. I plan on learning and practicing constantly at a comfy 35 mpg. I don't plan on ever taking it to fast, like you said, I hope to become and old rider someday!
Old 07-31-2009, 12:37 PM   #5
VTXorcist

Send a message via Yahoo to VTXorcist

Sounds like you're doing it the right way! Glad you appreciate the joys of cruising at lower, less-stressful speeds. I know I prefer 45MPH on deserted country roads to 75MPH on the highway any day of the week.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:03 PM   #6
Water Warrior 2

Wow, a breath of fresh air. A young man who doesn't want a sporty fast bike first time round and was/is willing to work for it. Your parents must be very proud of you and your decision to get a smaller bike and develop your skills. Ditto on the training too. Welcome to the best forum on the net.