Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 03-21-2011, 02:56 AM   #1
PeterSeymour

Parts Bike

I have kept this bike as a project but simply lack the time to finish it, so up for sale is a 1999 Suzuki GZ-250 motorcycle. The bike has 15665.1 on the odometer and is in good cosmetic condition but it is not running and will need a new top-end. The entire drive train is in working order with the exception of the piston and the head. Due to a valve drop the top of the piston and underside of the head were scored beyond repair but all the lower parts of the engine were checked over by a local motorcycle shop and determined to be in fine working condition. The cylinder wall did, however, receive one barely perceptible score that could potentially use boring but would be functional as is. The tires have approximately 1500 miles and the brake pads were changed approximately 3000 miles ago. The chain and sprockets were replaced at 10000 miles and appear to be in perfect working shape. The bike has sat since the valve drop took place in late November but the battery still holds a charge and all electronics, including the starter, are in working condition. I also have a clear Arizona title for the bike. The only cosmetic damage is a small set of scratches on the front fender, brake master cylinder, and muffler. These cosmetic defects are not prominent on the bike at all and were from laying the bike down at low speed (less than 5 mph). With a new head and a new piston the bike could be running in just a few hours of reassembly, the shop only quoted me four hours of work for the entire rebuild. Pictures of the bike (currently partially disassembled) are below. If the bike does not sell as a whole I will begin parting it out, so if you need a specific item feel free to make me an offer.

Full album of pictures here: http://s797.photobucket.com/albums/yy25 ... ter/GZ250/

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-21-2011, 04:07 AM   #2
hacc81

Re: Parts Bike

Hey PeterSeymour,
Sorry to hear what happened to your Geez...
In case you decide to part it, I'd like to know how much for the backrest and sissy bar?
Thanks,
Old 03-23-2011, 03:34 AM   #3
chandlerbingfl

Peter,

I too am sorry to hear what happened.... I would be interested in second dibs on the backrest / sissy bar if you decide to part out your Geezer...

Thanks!
Chandlerbingfl

Old 06-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #4
Vansky

Hey PeterSeymour,

Did you sell the bike or do you sell have parts for sale? If you're selling parts how much would you want for the speedometer?
Old 06-01-2011, 07:52 PM   #5
geezer

thats an exact replica of my 99. even to the scratches on the fender! i have the rack and back rest as well! haha cool

Old 06-12-2011, 12:10 AM   #6
New2GZ

i ll take the rear shocks. how much shipped to 19145?
Old 06-17-2011, 12:02 AM   #7
techdude2013

How much for the regulator?
Old 09-21-2011, 11:09 PM   #8
Jvacustoms

what u want for the pipes ?
Old 09-22-2011, 08:11 AM   #9
music man

The last time he visited this site was one day after he posted this, and that was in March, so I would say he is not coming back.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:24 AM   #10
Jvacustoms

just wanted some crap pipes with exhaust flanges on them and get down to below the engine they can even be split or dewelded at the joint i am gonna make some dual straights using principals and ideas from kcarnaval