Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 12-18-2011, 11:05 PM   #1
lenkf

Longest trip, 80 miles, uncomfortable seat

I got my 2009 GZ about 2 months ago with 132 miles. Practically a new moto. I had an accident with my big sidecar moto a couple weeks ago and had to take it in to get the sidecar realigned at Sidestrider.com. I took a ride over there the day after I took it in on the GZ just to check progress. An 80 mile round trip, about an hour each way due to traffic on non-freeway roads. I gotta say the GZ seat really sucks even with a thin Propad cushion for just 80 miles. As soon as I got home I found some foam from computer hardrive packings and added that under the Propad. I don't think I could ride as far as a GZ tank of gas could take me without a nice break. I don't know if the extra foam will do much good on a long ride as it's not designed for tush comfort, but I expect I'll try such a distance run again by early spring, maybe to get a sidecar frame for the GZ The upside is the little GZ didn't have a problem getting up to 60mph. Didn't want to push beyond that as it doesn't yet have 1000 miles on the clock.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-18-2011, 11:19 PM   #2
Gz Rider

Re: Longest trip, 80 miles, uncomfortable seat

Old 12-19-2011, 12:35 AM   #3
Water Warrior 2

Re: Longest trip, 80 miles, uncomfortable seat

Bike seats are a crap shoot. Either they fit or they don't. Lynda found her GZ to be a perfect fit and never had any complaints about the seat. Her M-50 is a different story. She has a driver's backrest which does help but a long trip can be a bit of a pain. Maybe a Mustang seat is in her future but that can be a gamble if you can't find a test ride on an identical bike with the Mustang.
Body shape, size, physical condition and age are also factors for most riders.

Login or Register to Remove Ads