Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 10-07-2007, 07:20 PM   #1
Badbob

Dupont Multi Use Teflon Lubricant

Anyone using this stuff? It sounds very good.

Dupont Teflon Chain Lube on WebBike World

K-16627-Teflon-Lubricants Dupont Teflon® Chain-Saver Lubricant NSF H-2 and Dupont Teflon® Multi-Use Lubricant NSF H-2 are the same product marketed to different markets.

You can get this at Lowes and True Value Hardware.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-07-2007, 09:37 PM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Great stuff. Highly recommended on the Vstrom forum. No personal experience yet cause I can't find any in this neck of the woods. Sounds like a reason to go for a good long ride.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:39 PM   #3
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Wow, i will definetly look for this and give it a try.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Old 10-09-2007, 05:29 AM   #4
Badbob

I picked up some at ACE Hardware yesterday. I will be cleaning my chain and applying the Dupont lube ASAP.

I did a lot reading about it and the only negative comments I found were from people who obvious had not so much as read the label.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:30 PM   #5
Badbob

After 2000 miles I've decided I'm never switching back to oil.

I generally lube my chain by looking at it. If it looked dirty I clean it if it looks dry or rusty I oiled it. Not paying any attention to the miles because I've had it need lube at less than 300 and not need it for more than the recommended 600. With this lube I cleaned and lubed the chain because i was changing the rear tire and realized that It had been around 1500 miles since I had lubed my chain no rust no sticky links in fact the chain looked fine and I could feel lube on the chain. Cleaning consisted of using a piece of terry cloth towel about four inches square and wiping the chain down. The towel didn't even get completely dirty. What little dirt there was on the chain came off with a tiny bit of elbow grease. This stuff is great..

Dupont Multi-Use Teflon Lubricant is dry doesn't collect dirt and doesn't sling off. Actually it does sling off a little. It goes on wet and then dries. The cost is moderate that is less expensive that Motorcycle Chain lube and more expensive than gear lube. About $6 for the aerosol. I switched to this about 2000 miles back and I have no intention of ever going back to using oil. It says right on the can that its for motorcycle oring chains. I can get it at Lowes and Ace Hardware. At Ace it cost almost twice as much. But it was still cheaper than some chain lubes. I can find the bottles local.

I found someone in another forum who claimed he had more than 20,000 miles on his chain and sprocket set where he usually got 8 to 10,000.

I haven't had it in the rain yet but I'm willing to bet it doesn't bother it a bit.

Multiuse and chain saver are the same thing packaged for different markets.

From Dupont:
Background Problem: A leading manufacturer of chain-driven Mail Processing equipment was searching for a lubricant that would solve a maintenance problem that existed in the field for many years. Paper dust is a by-product of mail processing. This paper dust would be absorbed into the traditional "wet-style" lubricant used on the equipment's chain drive. As the paper dust built-up, it became an abrasive grinding paste, causing the equipment's chain-drive to prematurely wear out. The resulting down time and replacement parts were very expensive. This company discovered, and tested, a new and patented self-cleaning technology for lubricating chains, DuPontTM TeflonTM Chain-Saver Lubricant.

Testing: During one full year of field testing, (and several years since) this company's engineering department concluded that Chain-Saver Lubricant increased chain life, and decreased down time by more than 5X! DuPontTM Chain Saver Lubricant is now the recommended lubricant for this major manufacturer's chain driven equipment. Features of Chain-Saver Lubricant: DuPontTM Chain-Saver Lubricant reflects what is arguably, the industry's most advanced technology for lubricating chains used in high contaminant areas. Chain-Saver goes on Wet, but sets up Dry. Patented self-cleaning release agents are activated by dust, dirt and grime causing outer bits of the lube (a wax structure) and the offending contaminant to fall off the chain. When used regularly, Chain-Saver lubricant will keep chains clean, it will prevent premature wear caused by abrasive contaminants, and it will ensure that chains function in a smooth, energy efficient ma

DupontTM teflon® chain-saver Lubricant nsf h
Self-Cleaning Dry Lubricant--Substantially Extends Chain and Sprocket Life! Formulated for chains and cables, especially those used in high contamination environments. Improves performance and increases part life by minimizing contaminant build-up and abrasive wear. Goes on wet to penetrate; sets up with a dry, Teflon® wax film enhanced with molybdenum. Surface contaminants activate release agents, causing bits of the wax structure, and the contaminant, to shed off the chain or frictional surface. This patented "self-cleaning" process helps chains work better and last longer. Will not drip or fling off; ideal for high RPM chains like ATV, go-kart, dirt bike and motorcycle. Performs as a dry lubricant up to 120°F and as a , "wet-style" oil lubricant from 120°F to 300°F . Available in 14 oz aerosols and bulk sizes including 1.5 lb (24 oz), 6 lb (96 oz) and 30 lb (480 oz). Available through Motion Industries and McMaster-Carr.

DupontTM teflon® multi-use Lubricant nsf h-2
The Clean Lube--No Oily Film--Sets Up Dry! Formulated with Teflon® fluoropolymer and organic molybdenum for superior performance. Lasts 3Â*5 times longer in friction testing against other leading lubricants. Goes on wet to completely penetrate and coat frictional surfaces. Sets up with a clean, Teflon® wax film which will not attract dirt or grime. Silicone free film--protects against rust and oxidation. Use on any moving part, including: fork lifts, mechanical chains, cables, hinges, rollup doors, sliding tracks, pivots, cams and pulleys, threaded parts, rusted bolts, conveyor rollers, wheels, windows, locks and latches, hitches, winches, ramps, gates, tools and table saws. Available in 14 oz aerosols and bulk sizes including 4 oz, 1.5 lb (24 oz), 6 lb (96 oz) and

Old 11-26-2007, 04:04 PM   #6
Water Warrior 2

Thanks for the report Badbob. Sounds like DuPont has another satisfied customer. Ride on.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:03 PM   #7
Badbob

I have four cans of it.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:37 PM   #8
Badbob

I was prepping the bike to ride a few days ago when I noticed a sort of haze on my chain guard. It was dust. Today while working on the bike I ran my finger around the inside of the rear wheel. Dusty. I love this stuff.