Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 12-06-2012, 03:38 AM   #1
clonak

Didint relise ATGATT ment everytime you start the bike.

Why not to wear shorts near a motorbike.
Was just trying to put the GZ up on the trailer to take with a bunch of other things around to my mums, as I got of in an awkward way, my bear leg touched the exhaust. Thank god I have an fairly high pain tollerance and some good pain killers lying around.

Leason learnt, Ill put longs on every time I'm near the thing. Guess she got kinda pissy from being neglected.

I wont post the pictures incase people dont want to see them, but heres some links for the curious.
Sunday when it happened
http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1354770204
Today at dressing change.
http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1354770429

On an upside, here is a photo of my new bike. '89 'saki ZX1000 B2(Which I cant ride untill my leg heals up. :/). Awesome machine, such a pleasure to ride, untill your legs cramp up. lol.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-06-2012, 04:51 AM   #2
PimpS

Re: Didint relise ATGATT ment everytime you start the bike.

Great bike! I bet it's fast and furious! May your leg heal fat and furious too!!! Your season has just begun, here the snow got his way from the clouds, damn, it's gonna be a long winter!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #3
Water Warrior 2

I like the look of that Kawi. Looks like a fairly comfy seat too. How many miles/kms on the bike?

Old 12-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
clonak

First official day of summer was last weekend, but its been raining ever since. :/

Shes got 78,000km on her. A little high, but she doesnt seem to mind. Shes been well looked after.
Iv always had suzukis in the past, but started liking the look of the kawasakis. Bottom line for be buying it, was everything else was way over priced.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #5
Water Warrior 2

It hasn't been ridden a lot when you average out the distance and years since birth. You probably have already but find a forum that has a dedicated bunch of Kawi riders. They will have good info and let you know if the bike has or had any factory warts to plague the bike. I know very little except it is a lot faster than I want to go.

motorcycle.net motorcycle forum might have a few knowledgeable riders in their Kawi section. They are a great bunch and quite civilized too.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:26 AM   #6
clonak

theres a zxforums Iv found but its alot to do with the later model zx10R, which is alot different. Ill check out Motorcycle.net though, thanks.
Iv got a Haynes manual for it if anything goes wrong and planning a big service for it when work finishes up for christmas. If I can figure out how the fairing comes apart, and how to get the seat off...

She can be bloody wild if the twitch in my wrist plays up, . But she can also be very tame when it is needed.
Done a ~400km trip last saterday, she handled everything perfectly. Had to learn pretty quickly how to ride it on gravel, Really bad crash on the main highway shut the road down. Detour along ~15km of gravel.
Rather bad start to summer with year, with 7 dead on the road on the first day. 5 of them bikers. :/
Old 12-07-2012, 01:16 AM   #7
Water Warrior 2

A 400 km(250mile) ride is a fair distance. The bike probably hasn't been out too many times for that distance. Just make sure you don't become another of the season's first victims. When I lived on the Canadian prairies the Winters were long and cage drivers forgot about bikes and stopped looking for them. Come Spring the first few riders out on the street were cut down as nobody was looking for a smaller vehicle than a cage. Some of the riders were at fault too of course. They hit the streets without a little fine tuning of their skills and made real stupid mistakes. A good friend of mine did that very thing. 30 minutes into his first ride some one yelled do a wheelie and so he did. He came down real hard and spent the next 18 months on crutches. He was an incredible rider with the balance of a cat but a winter lay-off was his undoing.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:50 AM   #8
clonak

Nearly 2 weeks later and the burns healled up pretty well. Got saturday off work, so Ill be taking the 'saki for a nice long ride around the 'Northern Race track'. http://goo.gl/maps/eHTSs. Called that for the fact that its a awesome road to ride and people tend to go abit crazy. I will how ever be taking a nice leasurely ride. I havent been up SH16 for a number of years, and that was on a 150cc two stroke. SH1 is fairly placid. Just the main road to use to and from the North so alot more people on it.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #9
Water Warrior 2

I like the route distance. Long enough to be worthy of a nice relaxed ride and will consume most of the day with a few stops. What is the weather forecast??
Old 12-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #10
PG tips

That looks like a nice place to ride, I travelled around South Island few years back in a crumby van, didn't have any time really on North island. The camper van sites were very well equipped.
I'd like to do it on a bike, but I should probably get some experience doing journeys with some gear here.