Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 04-10-2011, 02:17 AM   #1
RamAir

GZ Rev limit

Found this think its viable info. :popcorn:

You can clearly see the rpm gauge in this video and it clearly shows 9,500 as a redline! Now since this bike uses the same motor as ours (not sure about the carb or all that but pretty sure its the same) I think it is safe to say that our bikes can rev to near or even that range on an ongoing basis! Not daily or hourly but once and a while for passing and so on!
And it also makes sence since when I had my gz at 87miles an hour that means the motor was doing 8,700rpm so still in the "safe" range! Since I ahve heard with 5th your MPH speed is X(times) 1000 and that should roughly be your RPM!

:popcorn:

Not that I would recomend revving all the way to 11grand! But a good shoing of the revving. Also the driving is just superstupid!

:shocked: :popcorn:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-10-2011, 02:50 AM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Re: GZ Rev limit

Don't even think about it. If you need to go 80 MPH to pass a car on a GZ you might be in a world of hurt. Even that is not really a realistic speed for a GZ. Yeah they will do it on occasion under good conditions but they don't like it. 65 MPH is a more realistic speed for this bike.
I honestly believe if you need to go that fast you need a bigger bike or pick a smaller less travelled road. I'm not trying to be the Safety Czar but just being concerned about your health and welfare. When the bike is near the limit you are more of a hazard if you suddenly need to Get Outta Dodge.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:30 AM   #3
RamAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Don't even think about it. If you need to go 80 MPH to pass a car on a GZ you might be in a world of hurt. Even that is not really a realistic speed for a GZ. Yeah they will do it on occasion under good conditions but they don't like it. 65 MPH is a more realistic speed for this bike.
I honestly believe if you need to go that fast you need a bigger bike or pick a smaller less travelled road. I'm not trying to be the Safety Czar but just being concerned about your health and welfare. When the bike is near the limit you are more of a hazard if you suddenly need to Get Outta Dodge.

Oh no I was not clear yet again on a forum :shocked: I really need to ether reread my stuff or get someone else to type it out for me! :neener: .

I was personally worried that I over reved on the highway and the answer is NO I did not!

What I ment about revving to those limits are not ment for the highway. What I ment was more along the lines of you need to get past a car or truck or something doing 40mph/60kph you bump it down to second and take second to about 9,000rpm and the thing is screaming but it gets you outta there! Then that is ok since these motors can atke 9,5000rpm. So runing gears 1 2 and 3 to there limits in a tight spot taht you might need to is ok so people are not shifting at like say 6,000rpm cuz they think the motor will not rev higher and they are not getting the acceliration they need outta the bike in a tight spot on a normal road! And the speeds I went were more or less to see if the GZ could even pull it of. More for fun then anything but ay I dont think Ill be hitting those numbers really on roads again except on a track from now on.

So is that big mess of words any clearer? :lol: :retard: :neener: :biggrin:

Old 04-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
cayuse

In the 2nd vid that engine sounds really odd for its indicated RPM; like it's only spinning half that fast. Maybe it's just a quirk of the camera sound system.

2005 GZ250 (sold after 26000km)
2013 CB500XA
Old 04-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #5
Water Warrior 2

Much more clear now. I might have read a bit too much into the original post too. It's all good now.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:23 PM   #6
RamAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayuse
In the 2nd vid that engine sounds really odd for its indicated RPM; like it's only spinning half that fast. Maybe it's just a quirk of the camera sound system.

It might also be cuz of wind noise and other traffice and so on cuz the second video is nosiey to begin with!

At WW Ok good! I just dont wanna be giving the wrong impretion about how far the GZ should be pushed on the highway this is not a highway worrier bike! :rawk:
Old 04-21-2011, 08:35 PM   #7
RamAir

Should this be stickied? Cuz when I asked about the GZ250's redline nobudy on hear seemed to really know for sure.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:10 PM   #8
geezer

funny how everyone thinks there your mommy :whistle:
Old 04-22-2011, 07:18 PM   #9
RamAir

Geezer explain I dont get it. lol
Old 04-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #10
Water Warrior 2

I suspect Geezer had a bad day yesterday, his posts were a slight bit unusual.