Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 08-29-2008, 11:56 PM   #1
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
New sheriff 'round these parts

Everyone welcome Patrick_777 aboard as a new administrator on the board here. I've been watching to bring someone up through the ranks and noticed patrick has shown alot of knowledge with php, coding, graphics and such. So i asked him to join the upper ranks to help out with a few things and get the board moving forward where it needs to be. He accepted and he is now part of the admin team.

:rawk: Patrick_777 :rawk:

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-30-2008, 01:32 AM   #2
mr. softie

Cool!
Old 08-30-2008, 09:07 AM   #3
Easy Rider

Re: New sheriff 'round these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupo
He accepted and he is now part of the admin team.
Yea!
Be gentle, please!

Old 08-30-2008, 11:15 AM   #4
alanmcorcoran

So, what can we expect from...

...your first 100 days in office? New Frozen Yogurt Machine in the cafeteria? Casual Fridays? Lots more pictures of your boyfriend sporting the pink chaps?

Looking forward to onward and upward!
Old 08-30-2008, 01:19 PM   #5
Easy Rider

Re: So, what can we expect from...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
Lots more pictures of your boyfriend sporting the pink chaps?
OK now THAT's creepy. I award you one of my points. :neener:

Guess I'm gonna have to try harder.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:58 PM   #6
LilNinja77

Have fun, don't get stressed....and go easy on the rest of us :roll:
Ride safe

~By a route obscure and lonely,
haunted by ill angels only~
Old 08-31-2008, 02:34 AM   #7
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Thanks Dupo.

I'll do my best to keep the rabble at bay.

Everyone should feel free to PM me anytime they need anything, or have any suggestions. I'm here, as is Dupo and Badbob to make this place YOUR place to hang out and get the best information you possibly can from the best minds on the planet. We have a great little active community here, with such a diverse crowd of folks, I think together we could solve most of the world's problems...as long as they rode in on the GZ250 first!

First off, we're going to be quickly successful in keeping back the hordes of spammers hitting the site every day by hammering in a couple of strong PHP mods and make the Admin job a lot easier to kill those that have signed up in the past.

Next,, we're going to look at the upgrading the templates and main board graphics and other appearances, in preparation to upgrade to the newest version of the board. We will be scheduling a maintenance window for this activity though, so you should know when some of these possibly site-impacting changes will take place. This maintenance window will naturally be scheduled during the most downtime we have on this board (1a - 5a Sun).

It'll work out fine.

I see some great ideas on the horizon, and with the help of Dupo, Badbob and every other active user on this board, I think together we can make this place 10x better than the one-and-only, kick-ass GZ250 site it already is.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Let's get to work!

:chop:
Old 08-31-2008, 07:52 AM   #8
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
Next,, we're going to look at the upgrading the templates and main board graphics and other appearances,
Wow, this is good. Hope the board activities don't take too much away from your riding time !!

I have but 2 small comments:

I think a lot of us don't realize how many folks are still out there who are in the computer "dark ages" so to speak. They may be running Windows 98 on dialup. I think we (you) should keep those people in mind when "upgrading" things like graphics. The board is relatively fast and extremely functional now. I think the preference should remain function OVER form.

I'm sure there is some good reason for a "minimum search interval" but it continues to be a pain in the butt for me.
Can that be reduced some without compromising something? If so, I would REALLY appreciate it. Really.

Note: This would not be such a big problem if the "title" of the pages wasn't so LONG; it fills up the space in the recent history box so that it overflows the space and all pages look alike......impossible to pick the page you want to go back to.
If THAT could be reduced, the other problem wouldn't matter......as much.

Thanks for your consideration!
Old 08-31-2008, 10:13 AM   #9
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
I think a lot of us don't realize how many folks are still out there who are in the computer "dark ages" so to speak. They may be running Windows 98 on dialup. I think we (you) should keep those people in mind when "upgrading" things like graphics. The board is relatively fast and extremely functional now. I think the preference should remain function OVER form.
That is a common rule for web designers and graphic folks. Nothing to worry about here.

Quote:
I'm sure there is some good reason for a "minimum search interval" but it continues to be a pain in the butt for me.
Can that be reduced some without compromising something? If so, I would REALLY appreciate it. Really.
This is fixed. I change the search flood setting to 5 from 15.

Quote:
Note: This would not be such a big problem if the "title" of the pages wasn't so LONG; it fills up the space in the recent history box so that it overflows the space and all pages look alike......impossible to pick the page you want to go back to.
If THAT could be reduced, the other problem wouldn't matter......as much.
Fixed this too.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:56 PM   #10
Easy Rider

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
This is fixed. I change the search flood setting to 5 from 15.
THANK YOU! Here's a big ki.... :blush: Oops. Nope. Never mind!

I guess the description I heard for that item was wrong. If it is indeed "minimum search interval" (in seconds), you went the wrong way.

Haven't had a chance to try it yet, however.

Edit: Just did. Works much better. How about a hug!?!? :lol: