Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 03-18-2010, 10:45 PM   #1
gezepi

Suzuki Grass Tracker frame

I stumbled across this forum in my search for information about the Suzuki Grass Tracker and it seems like a helpful place. So here goes:

I owned a Grass Tracker (which unfortunately is a Japanese only bike) while I lived in Japan and wanted to bring it home. There's a sad story that ends with me having all the parts of the bike except for the frame here in America. I hate to have bought the bike, have 99% of it and not be able to ride it so I'm trying to get it back together.

From what I can tell it uses a very similar engine to the GZ250 (and therefore TU250). So I assume the engine would mount to the frame, but what about everything else? The seat on the GZ looks a bit too different so I would guess the TU would be a better fit.

Is it a lost cause to hope there are enough similarities between the frame to think putting my pile of parts back into a motorcycle would be do-able? I'm not afraid of a little creative attaching, but if I have to adjust the mount-points for everything I don't want to waste my time (and sanity).

So if anybody knows about the Grass Tracker and how it relates to the GZ and TU, please let me know. I'm trying to contact a Japanese parts-dealer, but don't know how that will turn out.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-18-2010, 11:07 PM   #2
JWR

Re: Suzuki Grass Tracker frame

The Gz and TU are two very different bikes.

As far as the Grass Tracker goes ???

Google calls it a TU250 Grass Tracker, never been imported here.

Truth is there are lots of great bikes available
and not nearly as many good riders out there riding them...
"A man's got to know his limitations..."
Old 03-20-2010, 11:48 PM   #3
RuffStuff

Re: Suzuki Grass Tracker frame

right i can help here, i was looking for some info on this
there is 2 types of the grasstracker, the grasstracker and the big boy, the big boy uses its own frame the grass tracker use the tu/gn frame
i wanted to find a seat to put on my tu so i could slide back n forward for some more comfort, ive been told to look for japan auction ?? to find one but havent actually had a chance to route thru it yet

ive been having a nightmare finding info on my tu and as a consequence of a million hours on google discovered what you need, hope you get it sorted if not can i have the seat ;-)

Login or Register to Remove Ads