Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 05-24-2010, 08:47 AM   #1
ToeCutter66

New Guy With TU250

Hello All,
My name is Kevin and I live in Northern Virginia. I have recently purchased a TU250 and was hoping it would be okay if I hung out on this forum. I have owned about 8 motorcycles in the past, but recently rethought my motorcycle priorities, and now I think that 250ccs is enough.

Thanks
Kevin

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-24-2010, 09:31 AM   #2
Fish Baseball

Re: New Guy With TU250

Welcome aboard......I think its more important that you ride than what you ride here....besides as far as I know its more or less the same bike, just in a different outfit. :2tup:
Old 05-24-2010, 09:33 AM   #3
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeCutter66
now I think that 250ccs is enough.
Welcome - You're our kind of people! :2tup:

Old 05-24-2010, 10:14 AM   #4
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Nice bike. Welcome welcome.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:16 PM   #5
burkbuilds

Glad you joined us. Tell us some more about the TU250 how it handles, what kind of mileage you get, do you like the fuel injection is it responsive, etc.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:30 PM   #6
ToeCutter66

The TU is a sweet bike. There is not really much negative I can say about it. I only have about 800 miles on it, but so far my mileage has been between 70 - 84mpg, the 70 was on the first tank of gas, and the 84 was on the most recent. It seems to get better mileage if you open it up a little. I was real easy for the first tank, but have been progressively riding it more aggressively. The fuel injection is sweet, you just turn the key, wait for the pump to stop, and bump the starter and she fires right up. Handling is sweet, it would be a great bike for living in the city, it is as if it can read your thoughts and just go in that direction. There is no thinking about counter steering, lean angle etc, just look where you want to go and that’s were she goes. I am a little disappointed in the lack of dealer accessories, if we were in Japan there would be tons of options. Also, I could not find a forum dedicated just to the TU, but there is a yahoo group that is somewhat inactive.

This forum is great. I just changed my oil using the directions posted here, thanks to whoever put that up. I also want to get familiar with the valve adjustment procedure; the TU only has 2 valves to adjust. Lastly, I wanted to get an idea of how much severe service I could get out of this bike without worrying about problems. From what I can tell, 500 miles on the superslab at 70mph is out of the question. I guess I will stick to the back roads.

One thing I am not getting with this bike is peer acceptance from my so called friends. They are mostly Harley and Metric Cruiser riders. Does anyone here live in the DC area and want to do some riding? PM me off forum if you want to meet up.

Let me know if anyone has any specific questions about the TU, and if anyone is interested you are welcome to take it for a spin.

Thanks
Kevin
Old 05-24-2010, 05:10 PM   #7
music man

Don't worry about your "peers", my answer to people like that's comments were always, when you buy me a bigger, more expensive bike, then I will be more than happy to ride it, until then, you let me worry about what I ride and you worry about what you ride.

And no you probably don't want to go 500 miles on a superslab, but if it is anything like the GZ you can go til' your body can't take the punishment anymore at 55-60mph, and then get up and do it again day after day till you give up and go home.

The GZ may not win any speed races, but endurance is definitely its strong point, the one I had I rode for over three years, and the one and only time it left me stranded, was because the clutch cable broke, hardly a blemish on its record. I wish I had about 3-4 cars at my house that I could trust half as much as I trusted my GZ, the stupidest thing I ever did was sell it.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:18 PM   #8
yathauser

welcome from a fellow nova'n newbie. i'd love to get together for a ride, and maybe take your bike or a spin. :tongue:
Old 05-24-2010, 10:06 PM   #9
burkbuilds

Toe Cutter, I'll second most of what music man said about peers. The only change for me would be an addition to the until you buy me a bigger bike and pay my gasoline bill for it. I've got some friends who are Harley riders that are very accepting, and I know other Harley riders who are basically "stuck up", that's their problem not yours. Sounds like you are getting a lot out of the TU250! I'm envious of the fuel injection and the fuel mileage you are getting, very nice. Thanks for telling us about your bike.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:20 PM   #10
blaine

Welcome to the forum.Enjoy your bike for all its good qualities.I've had my G.Z. for three years, and have no intentions of selling it.