Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 06-12-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
prestondrnek

I can help you if you help me!

First off i am a new gz250 owner, I just picked one up for $250 with a munched up top end due to a valve breaking off. I just finished rebuilding a 96 DR350se. I noticed alot of you on here believe that a DR350 engine is similar to the GZ engine. Um.... well it is not similar. The cases of a dr250/350 are different, the head and cylinder are about twice as heavy and diferently shapped, the 6 speed is super close and not suited for the street, and it is a dry sump motor that holds the oil in the frame unlike a gz250. But a who motor might bolt in place of a gz250 motor, and my last dr350 with a high comp pistion would pull up to 80 mph and wheeling like crazy, if geared right it would do 100mph. just to set the record straight.

What I need is some help. I need a whole top end. I found a new cylinder and piston kit for a gn250/lt250 and am hoping it will work im my 2006 gz250. Also I bought a used lt250e (ATV) head and cam as it looks the same. I havent found any mention of the suzuki LT250E atv's on this forum. The engine apears to be the same. Can anyone confirm this?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-12-2010, 08:58 PM   #2
music man

Re: I can help you if you help me!

I am glad someone got on here that knew what they were talking about and set the record straight about the dr350. But the fact of the matter is that most of us on here were just going by the visual look of it from the outside more than anything else, and still it is probably the closest motorcycle engine to the GZ's. And you very well could be on to something with the 4-wheeler engine, I just looked at a picture of a Suzuki LT250E and it looks like a dead ringer except for the side covers on the engine. And it would be nice to have a backup pull start on your bike wouldn't it. :2tup:
Old 06-12-2010, 11:08 PM   #3
blaine

Welcome to the forum.Good information to have.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-13-2010, 08:10 PM   #4
prestondrnek

im out on a limb beacuse i ordered $250 worth of used parts from the lt250ef in hopes that the head will fit my engine.