Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 05-10-2008, 10:39 PM   #1
BigIron

Fender Bib

I decided to remove the passenger seat and I like the new look. Lets face it, the GZ was not designed for two. Unfortunately I found a bubble in the paint under the seat. Looks like it could be from when it went thru the paint booth at suzuki, I dont know. So now i'm thinking fender bib. I like the ones Sarris (member here) had custom made but i'm not going down that road (cant afford the toll).
I found one thats made for a V-star 650 custom. The custom has the same bobbed style fender that the GZ has. I was thinking I could remove one of the studs on the end and put the fender bolt thru the hole and most would never even notice. I'm sure I could rig up something to attach it under the seat. So my question is does the V-star 650 custom have a wider or longer fender than the GZ? I dont want the bib hanging off the sides. Sorry about the long link. :oops:

http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.as ... All&page=3

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-12-2008, 07:20 AM   #2
themarauderer

Re: Fender Bib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigIron
I decided to remove the passenger seat and I like the new look. Lets face it, the GZ was not designed for two. Unfortunately I found a bubble in the paint under the seat. Looks like it could be from when it went thru the paint booth at suzuki, I dont know. So now i'm thinking fender bib. I like the ones Sarris (member here) had custom made but i'm not going down that road (cant afford the toll).
I found one thats made for a V-star 650 custom. The custom has the same bobbed style fender that the GZ has. I was thinking I could remove one of the studs on the end and put the fender bolt thru the hole and most would never even notice. I'm sure I could rig up something to attach it under the seat. So my question is does the V-star 650 custom have a wider or longer fender than the GZ? I dont want the bib hanging off the sides. Sorry about the long link. :oops:

http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.as ... All&page=3
Funny you should mention this - I just took of my passenger seat and I also found a perfectly round (filled) hole. Its as if a screw/hole should have gone there but never did. Its factory done however - its too clean/unused not to be and its dead centre ... I dont know what tis there for either....in fact, it may even be showing in one of the pics I added - rear fender, slap in the middle of the curve.

Wonder what its for...that said, I might drill it and add a wee flagpole :2tup: .... just for fun!

Also agree - if your 250 aint made for 2, my 125 is DEFO not made for 2 .... plus, 1 seat = MY bike...no-one else, period
Old 05-13-2008, 07:53 PM   #3
Badbob

Re: Fender Bib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigIron
Sorry about the long link.
Try tinyurl.com

Old 05-14-2008, 10:38 PM   #4
BigIron

Well, I guess I'll have to stop by the Yammy shop and take some measurements. I'm sure there was someone on here that upgraded to a v-star recently. Maybe he's in the v-star forum :neener:
The v-star rear tire is 170/80-15
The GZ rear tire is 130/90-15

Hmmm, I like the flag idea.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:31 AM   #5
Carl

I am interested in this same type of bib. Please post back when you find out if she fits. Thanks :chop:

Old 05-30-2008, 08:57 AM   #6
Sarris

Fender Bib

I got mine from Chilhowee Leather. They start at $55. http://www.chilhowee.net Also got my tank chap from there. Since I made up the templates for them, the should not be a custom deal, but they are not shown on the site, so contact them. Also, Mustang makes them for about $30. (look on the VS800 Marauder page) http://www.mustangseats.com

:2tup:
Old 05-30-2008, 11:23 AM   #7
Carl

I got some saddlebags that are the throw over type so, for now anyway, I guess I can't really use a fender bib. I am trying to find some scrap leather to make a tank chap. I just can't see spending 50 or 60 bucks for a strip of leather.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:25 PM   #8
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Buy some leather from your local fabric store and make your own.

They may even have some on the scrap pile for cheap.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:35 AM   #9
BigIron

Sorry guys but I forgot about this thread. The tank bib thread reminded me.
I realized that storage was more important for me right now and I came across some used bags for cheap so the seat had to go back on.